Reboot fix coming the second half of June

droid77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

Would love any and all opinions on this. Thanks!

This is the same question I have. Does anyone know? Thanks everyone for your help.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know: Will this this fixer also update those few of us who never got the original buggy OTA update to begin with? I'm glad I never got it, for whatever reason. But will my phone be able to receive update#2 if I never got update #1?

Would love any and all opinions on this. Thanks!
Yes, you should be fine. It should fix any reboot issue you may have and you should also be offered the update automatically. No need to apply any previous updates.

-Frank

Reactions: droid77

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you should be fine. It should fix any reboot issue you may have and you should also be offered the update automatically. No need to apply any previous updates.

-Frank

Thanks for your reply. Hope you're right. It's just kinda weird that (what seems to be) a fairly small group of us never got anything -- good bad or indifferent.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to miss making threads and polls about the reboots. lol. What will I do with all my spare time when it's fixed?!

Chrisy, you are one cool techie :) you will find something I am sure! Hope the weather out there is as awesome as it is here.

Reactions: Chrisy

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to miss making threads and polls about the reboots. lol. What will I do with all my spare time when it's fixed?!

Root? Come to the dark side. :)

Or you will have more time to kick over peoples half empty glasses when they make threads that have them getting too caught up on the small things.. ;)

Reactions: Chrisy

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well it's about time........ I'm so glad I waited and didn't exchange my phone out for a CLND! As long as this fixes the problem I'm willing to wait for Gingerbread if this is not it and only a fix. Had 6 reboots yesterday happened from Fort Myers,FL to Port Charlotte,FL :( . I can wait a few more weeks eve though this is only phone(no land line)

Ya know for these reboot issues Verizon should credit us on our bills or give us extra minutes for a few months or some sort of compensation for the major inconvenience and aggravations we have suffered.

But brainfart, it isn't their fault...it is HTC's fault. Just ask VZW tech support...they'll tell you. :)

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So...

If I am rooted, should I just wait for a rooted version of the newly released rom to install? I wouldn't want to restore my bloatware and let the update install would I? Wouldn't I have to re-root at that point?

I am rooted to remove bloatware and use a few root apps, not too crazy into installing experimental roms etc so I would like to stay as close to the official release while rooted as possible.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
But brainfart, it isn't their fault...it is HTC's fault. Just ask VZW tech support...they'll tell you. :)

LOL yeah exactly. The blame game definitely goes in one big circle on this one. Each blame the other. Verizon provides us the service so they should be ultimately responsible for OTA releases. Verizon tests out the OTA before giving final approval to HTC before HTC is allowed to push it. Ya know its funny how it goes through 2 different sets of testing before its released and it still actually was ok'd for push. I guess Verizon & HTC thought this was acceptable to have some handsets random reboot and to address the issue at a later date if more complaints were received. Eh quality control has sure gone down hill hasn't it? LOL

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So...

If I am rooted, should I just wait for a rooted version of the newly released rom to install? I wouldn't want to restore my bloatware and let the update install would I? Wouldn't I have to re-root at that point?

I am rooted to remove bloatware and use a few root apps, not too crazy into installing experimental roms etc so I would like to stay as close to the official release while rooted as possible.

Yes. No. You would have to un-root to get the update, I think. Yes.

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, never got offered the update at any point. Strange. I'm sort of glad since I didn't want it after about the first 8 hours when it became obvious something was wrong...

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As much as I'd like to hop on this update as soon as I can, I'm thinking I won't be able to. I'm traveling to Mexico from the 10th to the 19th of June. To make voice calls cheaper while in Mexico I changed my plan from National Access (or whatever is the standard Family Plan) to NA with Mexico. Since my trip doesn't coincide with my billing cycle, it was easier and probably cheaper (considering I can avoid pro-rating) to just change it for two full months. Total cost +$30 for the same 1400 minutes on two phones.

Point is, I know I cannot sign up for the Mobile Hotspot on the 16th. My account will be frozen from changes due to the "future dating" to return to my original plan on July 14th. So I'll have to wait on that.

Also, not sure if I'm gonna have to wait on the OTA update. Anyone know if the OTA update should be available to NA+Mexico plans? I would assume yes? I hope so.

-Frank

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still sad that I jumped on the first upgrade. I was thinking over the weekend about whether I'd recommend the Thunderbolt, and the answer is sadly no. I really like the phone, but considering the reboot issues, the unable to connect the computer to the PC issues, the battery life issues (which makes the fact that the phone has 4G mostly irrelevant) and the GPS not being all that great outside of the major metro areas, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending the phone to anyone and feeling responsible when they run into these problems and look to me for answers.

So do I like it? Yes. Would I recommend it? No. It's too bad.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

You could start playing Words With Friends and complain about how often the app crashes and locks up... ;P

If I didn't really enjoy playing against a few people on that app, I would have switched to another Scrabble clone.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You could start playing Words With Friends and complain about how often the app crashes and locks up... ;P

If I didn't really enjoy playing against a few people on that app, I would have switched to another Scrabble clone.
Make a word with these letters...

ERTOBO

:)

-Frank

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
As much as I'd like to hop on this update as soon as I can, I'm thinking I won't be able to. I'm traveling to Mexico from the 10th to the 19th of June. To make voice calls cheaper while in Mexico I changed my plan from National Access (or whatever is the standard Family Plan) to NA with Mexico. Since my trip doesn't coincide with my billing cycle, it was easier and probably cheaper (considering I can avoid pro-rating) to just change it for two full months. Total cost +$30 for the same 1400 minutes on two phones.

Point is, I know I cannot sign up for the Mobile Hotspot on the 16th. My account will be frozen from changes due to the "future dating" to return to my original plan on July 14th. So I'll have to wait on that.

Also, not sure if I'm gonna have to wait on the OTA update. Anyone know if the OTA update should be available to NA+Mexico plans? I would assume yes? I hope so.

-Frank

It doesn't matter what your plan is or even if you are on a plan. As long as you hab sme sort of network connection - even wifi

Reactions: FrankXS

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What is MR2? How is it different than radio we got now? Also will this fix the GPS issue cause the update still didnt fix that for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress