Thunderbolt to Droid Pro??

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The lack of a physical keyboard has been a serious problem for me coming from a Blackberry and I was giving thought to letting my son have the bolt and getting a Droid Pro or another alternative. Does anyone on here have both and can you give me some reasons to keep the Bolt or have you decided to switch to the Pro? I know the Bolt is supposed to be faster and 4G is sweet but the only way I get 4G is to go to Pittsburgh or Erie since I am about half way between the two. Help please

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same situation before because I wanted to get the pro because I came from a blackberry also. The thing about going to a pro is that the phone wont be as powerful and no 4g. Also I like having a big screen. The keyboard I swapped with another keyboard I downloaded from the market and it has made typing a lot better.if you really want a keyboard though because all you do is text then I guess I would go for the pro. I actually have gotten used to this keyboard. Its just takes time to adjust to it.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend with a Pro. Nice enough Android phone. PM me if you'd be interested in some kind of trade deal.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife had the Pro and returned it for an Incredible. She is now rocking a Thunderbolt. This is after years of Blackberry. You'll get used to it...it wad tough for me at first also.

Get swype...best keyboard ever.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
How long have you had it? If it's a brand new phone, you may just need some "adjustment time".

Frankly, the size of the buttons are so small on the average BB or the Droid Pro, that I make more mistakes with my fat fingers using the physical keyboard.

My first advice would be to try a different keyboard. I've been using "Better Keyboard 8" for a while now, and it's so much better that can't stand to the use the stock keyboard anymore. I lot of people like to use keyboards with the swype feature as well (I don't, but a lot do), so it may be worth checking those out as well.

I've had a few friends who were very reluctant to switch to a touch screen from a physical keyboard phone, but once they do, pretty much 100% of them have completely changed their tune within a month or so.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I had the Droid Pro for a month - returned it and went back to my BB until the Bolt came out.

I didn't like the keyboard on the Pro, it was very hard for me to type. People said give it time so I did but I still wasn't very fast and was making a lot of mistakes. The Pro's keyboard just didn't "feel" right to me while typing.

I was hesitant to go to a touch screen but I have adapted really well and now type faster (with the stock keyboard) than I did on the BB.

It really is about getting comfortable with touch screen typing.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Play with the Pro at a VZW store first. The Keyboard, screen size/resolution, interface will be a big shock to you. Play around with, see if the keyboard is comfortable, see if you like MotoBlur. Then see if you really wanna give up the Bolt.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I thank you all for your answers, I know the pro will be not as fast as the Bolt and that is what is made me choose the Bolt in the first place, I will have to adjust I guess. flipbeatzz which keyboard did/do you use? I will have to try them all out I guess and go from there.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I thank you all for your answers, I know the pro will be not as fast as the Bolt and that is what is made me choose the Bolt in the first place, I will have to adjust I guess. flipbeatzz which keyboard did/do you use? I will have to try them all out I guess and go from there.

One thing I noticed with the DP way back when I got it was that most of the time third party software keyboards didnt seem to work when I pressed on a field to bring one up as I did on all of my other phones. Any tips on this?

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can try better keyboard 8 or install swype. Or there are others. Flex T9 is also pretty good.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87