Update rolling out tomorrow 6/15

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I talked with Tier 2 VZW support tonight. I have had a ridiculous amount of reboots. The lady I talked to said the update to fix a lot of these common issues is rolling out tomorrow. It starts tomorrow but isn't going to available to everyone. Apparently people who are running a certain version of the software now will get it first. Please add to this if you know more or what I've said has changed.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
If this is true. My guess people with the MR1 update that caused all the problems in the first place should see it first. When ever it comes even if it's not on the 15th it will come soon and there are many of us are ready for it to push. I know I am. 5 reboots today one of those it was plugged in charging :eek:

I hope who ever you spoke to is correct, but I'm not holding my breath on this till I actually see it.

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If this is true. My guess people with the MR1 update that caused all the problems in the first place should see it first. When ever it comes even if it's not on the 15th it will come soon and there are many of us are ready for it to push. I know I am. 5 reboots today one of those it was plugged in charging :eek:

I hope who ever you spoke to is correct, but I'm not holding my breath on this till I actually see it.
Yeah. I hope she was right. The way she made it sound like is that it's a soft push that starts 6/15. Hopefully that means everyone gets it. I was asking a lot of questions before she finally told me that it was tomorrow because the other reps wouldn't give me the date.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It was rumored somewhere else that the MR2 update had been delayed and maybe scrapped altogether for a new update. I didn't feel like waiting so I flashed the leaked MR2 update and it has been great to me. No more reboots! :)

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It was rumored somewhere else that the MR2 update had been delayed and maybe scrapped altogether for a new update. I didn't feel like waiting so I flashed the leaked MR2 update and it has been great to me. No more reboots! :)

Sounds like maybe...just maybe HTC could push Gingerbread with the MR2 incorporated in it? Now that would be nice. Time will tell. Either way I can wait a little longer. I really don't feel like flashing the MR2 and completely wiping the phone again(did that a few times to see if I could stop the reboots a while back).

Where is this new supposed rumor from? If you don't mind saying? I thought JCase pretty much knew a confirmed date with his connections(I'm guessing this and don't know for a fact).

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like maybe...just maybe HTC could push Gingerbread with the MR2 incorporated in it? Now that would be nice. Time will tell. Either way I can wait a little longer. I really don't feel like flashing the MR2 and completely wiping the phone again(did that a few times to see if I could stop the reboots a while back).

Where is this new supposed rumor from? If you don't mind saying? I thought JCase pretty much knew a confirmed date with his connections(I'm guessing this and don't know for a fact).

The rumor came from Jcase. I think he retweeted it or something. I have a feeling that Gingerbread will come July 6, when the mobile hotspot is supposed to end through an OTA update. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Brainfart

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
The rumor came from Jcase. I think he retweeted it or something. I have a feeling that Gingerbread will come July 6, when the mobile hotspot is supposed to end through an OTA update. I guess we'll see.

Wow I missed that one! Thanks for that one. Yeah sounds like that makes sense. I really hope you are right and are close with your guess. I'm ready for my phone to work like it's supposed to.

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If I read this right,I made the wrong choice with my purchase of this phone.Should have gotten the Charge from Samsung, even though this phone blows that one out of the water.I'm having a hard time dealing with these silly issues.I'm starting to reach my boiling point on chucking this phone in the trash

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If I read this right,I made the wrong choice with my purchase of this phone.Should have gotten the Charge from Samsung, even though this phone blows that one out of the water.I'm having a hard time dealing with these silly issues.I'm starting to reach my boiling point on chucking this phone in the trash
I picked up the Charge. I flat out love it! I still have my Thunderbolt. But, I haven't used it at all since I got the Charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Whatever phone you choose, it will have its own issues.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly why I gave up on the Thunderbolt. 7 total phones, 2 DOA, I gave up on it. Too many little issues that would add up be a complete deal breaker. I can't run my plumbing business with a phone that *may* work when I need it to.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand any of the issueseveryone is having. I rooted 5 thunderbolts and they are running 100%. Someone please inform me what the hell is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand any of the issueseveryone is having. I rooted 5 thunderbolts and they are running 100%. Someone please inform me what the hell is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

I know. This is why I think it's network related or the people just happened to somehow get all of the phones that were in a bad batch because I wouldn't trade this phone for anything. It's honestly been the best phone I've ever had.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

lostnuke

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This phone works fine for me. I love it compared to my moto droid. I'm not switching to something else. Root is next on the list.

Sent from my Thunderbolt w/ Tapatalk

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Posted from Droid-life.com Twitter account last night:

"Looks like MR2 delayed, possibly canceled for yet another new build"

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone works fine for me. I love it compared to my moto droid. I'm not switching to something else. Root is next on the list.

Sent from my Thunderbolt w/ Tapatalk

I have not had the rebooting problems at all. While I'm not in LOVE with this phone, I have gotten used to it. I'm also not too keen on rooting (I'm an old fart) but I may root towards the end of my two year contract if it will breath new life into the old phone before getting whatever is new in 2013.