HTC Widgets downloading but fail to install

CaddieboyTB

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has found a solution to a problem that I am having installing certain HTC widgets. I go to "Get more HTC widgets", select for example Tip Calculator, and it shows downloading then installing flashes but it never says Installed next to it and it doesn't show up in all HTC widgets. Here are the ones I am having trouble with Fake Call, Quick Record, Sand Timer, Tasks, Tip Calculator, adn Today In History. The other 9 installed successfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :'(

CaddieboyTB

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm stock with the MR1 OTA. Did a master reset and the problem appeared after that. Was able to install all before the master reset. Emailed HTC tech support but haven't heard back yet. We'll see.

Jzen

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, really miss the quick record

All stock, and I previously used the quick record button all the time. Dropped phone, replacement will not load the app at all.

Would love to hear a nice resolution to this one.

Jzen

CaddieboyTB

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
All stock, and I previously used the quick record button all the time. Dropped phone, replacement will not load the app at all.

Would love to hear a nice resolution to this one.

Jzen
Heard back from HTC...seems it is a known problem...see correspondence below. Glad to know that it is not my phone. Have had this phone since it was released and love it,,,this is the first and only problem that I have had with it.

:):D:'(

Dear Duke Tidwell,

I understand you are unable to install some widgets from HTC Widgets. This is something that we are aware of and working for a resolution. Most the widgets you mentioned that you were unable to install are also available in the Market.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11USCW26ENA000224.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC