Touch Screen Clicking Sound

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have this problem ? Everyone went to bed and it was quiet . So I pick up my thunderbolt to get on Twitter. When I pushed on the screen I hear this click sound like the the screen is loose . (left side of screen). Its driving me crazy . The phone has never been dropped . But I don't want to call Verizon so they can send me a certified replacement. I already had that argument with them once . Them telling me the phone they where sending me was new . My phone is 2 months old . Thanks for hearing me whine:(

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. I went through two replacement phones until they sent me one that didn't click or creak. It is a quality control issue if you ask me. I believe it is how the plastic housing rubs against the internal stuff when you press hard enough on the screen. If you look carefully you will see that the screen will also push in slightly when you put enough pressure on it. I wouldn't settle for it. Refurbished phones certified like new often are better. They usually are totally rebuilt and go through a 100 point inspection. I would do it and get one. You wont be disappointed. I really think HTC dropped the ball with the thunderbolt when it comes to build quality. The build quality of my last HTC phone, which was the Incredible, was great. There is a big difference. Its easy to tell. If you get a refurbished phone it should be fine and better. You spent a lot for this phone. Don't settle on something that bothers you. If the refurb doesn't meet your expectations send it back and demand another. They will send you another. Keep doing it until they get it right. This is a great phone when all your expectations quality wise are met.

Reactions: cam1pbell

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This has been discussed here before. I also getting randomly sometimes. My phone is otherwise working very well so I m not gonna exchanging the phone just for that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: cam1pbell

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty