Organizing apps

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a huuuuge list of apps when I click my apps button. At the top it says "All Apps", this kind of implies to me there should be a way to see "Not All Apps" :)

Is there a way to get these apps under control, grouped, in folders or categories?

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I know you can do folders but I believe that would put it as a short cut on your home screen. ie...folder on home screen with all your games in them. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I know you can do folders but I believe that would put it as a short cut on your home screen. ie...folder on home screen with all your games in them. Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

you are correct. go get a launcher from the market some let you orginize apps. In sense u can orginize by letter but then you just get a huge long list. I fell your pain i have 500 app icons and it can be a pain if i dont know what it is called

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Look into the app "Folder Organizer". It pretty handy. It's great for sorting, organizing, space saving, and short cutting your apps. You'll first sort through your apps giving them a lable. Such as games, tools, bookmarks, Camera, Music, Personalization, etc. then you choose an Icon for those lables. Then you plop those folders somewhere on your home screen.

Reactions: MegaSoundwave76

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
ADW Launcher lets you set up drawer groups, or you could try an app like auto app organizer.

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I use two apps for this (both free).

Apps Organizer: lets you organize apps into categories and put an icon on your home screen so when you click it you get a nice list of all of the apps in that category.

Desktop Visualizer: Lets me use any image for an icon.

See this post for screenshots.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I want to thank you folks for these good tips. My apps drawer is growing bigger than I expected, and I was thinking about doing some apps house keeping.

TnTexas

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Look into the app "Folder Organizer". It pretty handy. It's great for sorting, organizing, space saving, and short cutting your apps. You'll first sort through your apps giving them a lable. Such as games, tools, bookmarks, Camera, Music, Personalization, etc. then you choose an Icon for those lables. Then you plop those folders somewhere on your home screen.

Once they're in the folders, you can also organize the apps any way you want; you're not stuck with a pre-decided order. I love Folder Organizer!