battery life question

RUFFLZ

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking of buying the thunderbolt but ive been hearing alot of talk about how bad the battery is.
how bad is bad? how many hours does it last when using internet and texting moderately.

and if anyone has upgraded to the aftermarket battery does it make the phone alot more bulky?

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
It's close to impossible to say because everyone's idea of "moderately" is different, but I would say probably 6-8 hours for you, assuming you don't have a bunch of unnecessary stuff running.

Let me give you an idea of what I'm getting out of it. In an eight hour period if I listen to the music player for about 5 hours of that through my BT headphones, send a few txt's, check and respond to a few emails, maybe make a quick phone call, and surf the internet (or use FB) for about 45 minutes, I will have about 25% of the battery left. And I leave my GPS and BT services on at all times. I also have animated wallpaper. That's with the cheapo 1700 mAH aftermarket battery.

If that helps any?

I have not tried the super extended battery. I just keep a spare on hand in case I need it.

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is the deal- regular battery lasts about 10 hours depending on usage- I bought the extended batter from Verizon costs about 50 bucks and I don't have to worry about battery at all. I am a moderate user and it lasts me a litle over a day. Definitely goes from 8 am to 11 pm with about 45% left.
Here is a big secret- the extended battery makes the back of phone a bit thicker. However, the phone fits the Seido Holster for a Droid x. Found this out by accident as I had the X before.
Thunderbolt now is the best phone I have ever had.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the stock battery and surf quite a bit, Facebook twitter and then a few games, it lasts from 7ish am to 11pm today and I have more then half the battery. I run the free juicedefender, and WiFi at home and work and my battery lasts that long... I also turn off LTE at home/work with WiFi running... I so far am loving my TB compared to my BB Storm 1

kbb

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the stock battery and surf quite a bit, Facebook twitter and then a few games, it lasts from 7ish am to 11pm today and I have more then half the battery. I run the free juicedefender, and WiFi at home and work and my battery lasts that long... I also turn off LTE at home/work with WiFi running... I so far am loving my TB compared to my BB Storm 1

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is the deal- regular battery lasts about 10 hours depending on usage- I bought the extended batter from Verizon costs about 50 bucks and I don't have to worry about battery at all. I am a moderate user and it lasts me a litle over a day. Definitely goes from 8 am to 11 pm with about 45% left.
Here is a big secret- the extended battery makes the back of phone a bit thicker. However, the phone fits the Seido Holster for a Droid x. Found this out by accident as I had the X before.
Thunderbolt now is the best phone I have ever had.

A belt clip style holster with magnetic closuresd from the Droid X?

Edit: I see that Seidio doesn't offer such a thing. I guess it's possible that they stopped making it at some point if it was, indeed, a pouch

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the 3200 and it will last a little better than a day in 3G. Solid 4G will cut that 16-18 hours. 4G border areas where its cycling a lot will cut that to 8-10 hours. All of that is with with light to moderate use. Heavier work loads will drain it faster.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking of buying the thunderbolt but ive been hearing alot of talk about how bad the battery is.
how bad is bad? how many hours does it last when using internet and texting moderately.

and if anyone has upgraded to the aftermarket battery does it make the phone alot more bulky?

I've noticed that if you turn off the 4G and bring the display brightness down to about half its full (brightness difference is minimal) and my battery goes down to about 64% from 97% daily with moderate use on the original battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress