TB / or no

jlmassey

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys

I am new to forums been doing some review and trying to figure which phone is for me! I do not have 4g in my area. I want HTC. I want a good camera , camcorder, If i get the thunderbolt Id get a extended battery no worries their. SO here is my question

Thunderbolt or Incredible 2 Which is best for Customizing .. ( If i was to root and use alot of 3rd party apps ) and If i was to keep it basic, which is best. I know everyone opinions will be different and that's ok! That's what i want. Give me details on speed, customizing, camera, reception, Bloatware, Etc... This will be my first smartphone so i am fairly new :) well Brand new but i am a tech geek to an extent!

Thanks for the help guys! Please don't flame !

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert in rooting so I'm not sure which would be better. I would almost assume both devices would receive the same amount of support though. As for keeping it basic, again, it's all based upon your personal preferences. I don't see any advantages to one over the other feature wise as both are HTC devices.

However, what I can tell you is that the HTC Thunderbolt is one of Verizon's flagship devices. 4G LTE is offered on the Thunderbolt while the Incredible 2 only features 3G. To me, it all comes down to whether you want 4G or not.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i don't have 4G in my area either, but that didn't come into play when choosing this phone. it'll be everywhere in a matter of time. i travel to area's that do have it and the experience is amazing, especially the mobile hotspot feature when staying at hotels. Like having cable ISP on the go. :D

Also, the camera and vid recorder are top notch, which WAS a big selling point for me.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I do not have 4g in my area. I have read about reception with the incredible and want opinions on that. and Experiences.

Well, than it's all a matter of which device you prefer. However, I would make your decision quick because on (or after, not sure) July 7th, the new data plans go into effect. I'm not sure if you read about that, but be sure to grandfather yourself in now.

Currently - $30 for unlimited data

July 7th - $30 for 2GB, $50 for 5 GB, $80 for 10 GB

Big difference.

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
You might want to go with the Thunderbolt. 4G,bigger screen,already rooted (while the DInc2 only has temp root right now. Perm root method is suppose to be on the way any day now.) There also has been a few leaks for the TB, while the DInc2 hasn't seen that many and it's been out longer. (The more leaks, the more dev support. Gives them something new to try and cook up.) Other than that, everything else is the same. Oh,one more thing, the antennas/radio. My wife's Thunderbolt gets a much better signal than my DInc2 does. I get a lot of 1x, while hers keeps a constant 3G signal. (We're not in a 4G area yet, so I can't comment on the effects that will have.) I will say the DInc2 has been more stable out of the box, but I believe a lot of that will be fixed with the "original" update/OTA that is coming for the TB.

Last edited:

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Future proof your phone and get a Thunderbolt. Even with the reboots, it's a better all around device. Camera is terrific and eventually you'll be in a 4G area. The speeds are extreme.

jlmassey

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know were i can get a silicone case for the extended battery.. OR I have been looking for a carrying case that has a extra battery slot. That would also fit the thunderbolt. Just some things ive been looking at :) Give me all the options you users have came across.. ALSO Has anyone tried using a Micro usb to HDMI Cord ? does it work ? Does DLNA work with xbox ?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know were i can get a silicone case for the extended battery.. OR I have been looking for a carrying case that has a extra battery slot. That would also fit the thunderbolt. Just some things ive been looking at :) Give me all the options you users have came across.. ALSO Has anyone tried using a Micro usb to HDMI Cord ? does it work ? Does DLNA work with xbox ?

DLNA does not work with the XBOX for some odd reason. However, I purchased an application for $2.99 (Twonky) and it works perfectly. I wasn't happy to spend money on something that should work, but at least it wasn't overly expensive. Oddly enough, my Samsung LED television works with the stock DLNA.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The Thunderbolt without a doubt has a much better developmental community. People have been running Gingerbread for some time now, and a full port of Sense 3.0 is out there as well thanks to Team BAMF. Not to mention CyanogenMod. Lots of other choices out there as well.

From what I have experienced with this phone being my introduction to Android, I will never get a device that doesn't have significant support from developers. It takes the whole customizing aspect to a whole 'nother level, but you can easily become addicted to it. Which is not always a good thing!

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried the MHL cable yet, but DLNA works great on the XBox. You just have to make sure you're on the same server. ( I would mention that in order for it to work, you have to use an app from the market like Twonky.) Otherwise, you just can't output it from your phone to the XBox. It has to run through the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty