Transferring photos with LG G2 and iMac ? Anyone?

Ultrasummer

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've just looked through all the threads and can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. I have been all Apple for quite some time but when the iPhone did their latest upgrade I had nothing but problems and decided to jump ship and go to the LG G2. Before, the iPhone and my iMac was an easy sync. Easy to move pictures and music back and forth. Now when I plug my G2 into my iMac, I don't see it recognizing it anywhere. It is charging and that much I am grateful but....surely there is a way to move pictures back and forth. There was nothing written about it on any of the paperwork that came with the phone. I went to Verizon and they just shrugged their shoulders and said, Sorry, I've got a pc. In fact nobody in the store at that time knew anything about Mac. Is there a program I should download? I saw one but it was like $35. I wouldn't think I'd have to pay to be able to move pictures around. I've looked in all the nooks and crannies on my computer but don't see anywhere that I have a device even plugged in....yet it charges. Please help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've just looked through all the threads and can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. I have been all Apple for quite some time but when the iPhone did their latest upgrade I had nothing but problems and decided to jump ship and go to the LG G2. Before, the iPhone and my iMac was an easy sync. Easy to move pictures and music back and forth. Now when I plug my G2 into my iMac, I don't see it recognizing it anywhere. It is charging and that much I am grateful but....surely there is a way to move pictures back and forth. There was nothing written about it on any of the paperwork that came with the phone. I went to Verizon and they just shrugged their shoulders and said, Sorry, I've got a pc. In fact nobody in the store at that time knew anything about Mac. Is there a program I should download? I saw one but it was like $35. I wouldn't think I'd have to pay to be able to move pictures around. I've looked in all the nooks and crannies on my computer but don't see anywhere that I have a device even plugged in....yet it charges. Please help.
Welcome to the Android Central forums!

You'll need to install this on your Mac: Android.com

Hope this helps. If not, then consider this option, provided you have both devices connected to the same Wi-Fi router: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...dooblou.WiFiFileExplorer&hl=en&token=gEa4yNrx

The Wireless File Transfer app is great for keeping things untethered.

Daniel Lippold

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The easiest program I've found is AirDroid. It's web based. SUPER easy to use. Syncs everything, music, photos, contacts, calendars, SMS, call logs. And IT'S FREE!

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The easiest program I've found is AirDroid. It's web based. SUPER easy to use. Syncs everything, music, photos, contacts, calendars, SMS, call logs. And IT'S FREE!

I didn't have ANY luck with Airdroid. I couldn't do anything with music that wasn't already on the phone. When I wanted to upload a music file, I'd go to the Band>Album>Song Title. I couldn't just upload an album, I had to do it song by song. On top of that, I couldn't even get them into a playlist. Maybe I'm just a complete moron, which is a possibility, but this program was useless for me. I'm ready to return this piece of garbage and just get a Galaxy S4. My wife just got a Galaxy S4 and her phone doesn't have ANY of these problems...and hers will connect to 4G/LTE, unlike mine.

Thus far, I've tried the following-

- Airdroid

- Android File Transfer (would not stay connected)

- DoubleTwist

- Google Play Music (nothing but what was already on the phone)

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

No, I haven't tried that yet. Given the issues I'm having, I really don't wanna invest into making this work. I'm trying to "weed out" all the free programs first. If I continue to have issues, I may just return the phone. I've spent hours screwing with this phone and my day off has been pretty much spent. This piece of garbage won't even pick up a 4G network, unlike my wife's Galaxy S4 she picked up three weeks ago. That phone is ALWAYS in 4G.

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
No, I haven't tried that yet. Given the issues I'm having, I really don't wanna invest into making this work. I'm trying to "weed out" all the free programs first. If I continue to have issues, I may just return the phone. I've spent hours screwing with this phone and my day off has been pretty much spent. This piece of garbage won't even pick up a 4G network, unlike my wife's Galaxy S4 she picked up three weeks ago. That phone is ALWAYS in 4G.

That card reader is only like 12 bucks, but it kind of sounds like you may have a bad phone. I am not sure why AirDroid did not work for you. Not sure why you would not pick up a 4G signal, it was my understanding that the G2 has a better radio then the S4.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That card reader is only like 12 bucks, but it kind of sounds like you may have a bad phone. I am not sure why AirDroid did not work for you. Not sure why you would not pick up a 4G signal, it was my understanding that the G2 has a better radio then the S4.

I hit the Sprint store last night. Apparently, there is an issue with tri-band phones connecting on the 4G/LTE network and the issue will be resolved, so I guess that's not a phone issue. As for Airdroid, maybe I'm just not doing something right, I don't know, but when I go to choose a file folder, I can't just download an album, I have to download an album song by song.

I'm about to try it again, as I just figured out how to USB Debug my phone.

Tocanepauli

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue but it is now working flawlessly.

I just connect my G2 to my Mac. Tethered it and in the screen that opened on G2 "Select USB connection.." on phone, clicked Media sync (MTP) then the android screen would appear on the mac with all the files etc (I am not a techie sorry). Clicked on the music file - it will appear Empty (on mine it was anyway)

Opened up my iTunes and simply dragged the albums over into the G2 music file. Worked flawlessly and very very fast.

Also with the photos, on the same screen, use "Send Images (PTP)" and the iMac (iPhoto) seems to pick up the G2 and downloads the pics.

Hope this helps. Like I said I am NOT a Techie but just a guy with an iMac and a G2. Love both.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I wish it was as easy on a mac as it is on windows. It's almost worth installing vmware Fusion or something to get windows on the mac to be able to move stuff around in windows explorer like a normal drive. It seems like Apple is keeping this ability away from OSX on purpose.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You can use Dropbox or Google Drive to move pics from G2 to Mac.

And Easy phone tunes is an easy way to transfer your iTunes music.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Littyd

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to 'Airdroid' or 'wirelessly wait' for anything. I'd like a good ol'fashioned tethered cord that can link my G2 memory (& have it show up as a drive choice) to my MAC just like simple old people (and systems) used to be able to do) so that I can grab and move any files in either direction as quickly as I can choose the files? Any help??

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Get Android File Transfer. When you plug your G2 into your mac, it will show all the files. Drag your photos and music to the files and from them.

Emily Niu

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how to do this either... But I can't even get my macbook to recognize the USB plug in...doesn't charge it at all. I looked online, and it said I may need a data cord instead of just a charge cord... How did you get your LG G2 and mac to connect?

1shykitten

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't want to 'Airdroid' or 'wirelessly wait' for anything. I'd like a good ol'fashioned tethered cord that can link my G2 memory (& have it show up as a drive choice) to my MAC just like simple old people (and systems) used to be able to do) so that I can grab and move any files in either direction as quickly as I can choose the files? Any help??

I know, this just pisses me off. I've always used Androids. I used to be able to plug my phone up to my old 2nd generation iMac, iPhoto would open automatically and it would ask if I wanted to download x-number of photos, which it recognized without any prompting or cajoling by me. It recognized duplicates and would ask if I wanted to download them again or skip them. That was it! No apps. No special software. No prowling thru submenus. What the hell happened? I blame Apple. I was an early, VERY early fan of theirs. Back when they were known for their simple, intuitive interface. Now... ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty