Car Dock?

sharks2431

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

New to the forums, hopefully this question hasn't been asked yet.

I'm looking for a car dock and charger for my Verizon LG G2. I know Verizon is offering a dock, but it doesn't appear to have a charging option. What is everyone using for their car set-up? For reference, I have a Incipio Feather case on the way. It doesn't look like it will add much bulk, but I want to make sure the phone would fit with the case on as well.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking for a car dock and charger for my Verizon LG G2. I know Verizon is offering a dock, but it doesn't appear to have a charging option. What is everyone using for their car set-up? For reference, I have a Incipio Feather case on the way. It doesn't look like it will add much bulk, but I want to make sure the phone would fit with the case on as well.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find one that has the charger build in. I have the Verizon one and I like it. I just plug in my car charger and it's not in the way or anything and the dock itself has a piece that comes out so you can use it with a case.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

There aren't many car docks made specifically for the model phone any more. I really miss my old droid x docks.
The best one I have found is one made by iOttie. It will fit many phones and works with one hand. But, you will still need to manually plug the charger cord in. I hang my cord close to the charger so I don't need to go hunting for it.
This will work with your case as well. I have 3 of them and they fit my Note 2 as well as my wife's S4.
Instead of installing in the center of your windshield, try on the left side of the steering instead.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FHX9OK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3147621
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

sharks2431

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm actually coming from a Droid X (yeah took me long enough to upgrade, eh?) and the dock specifically made for it was solid. I guess there's so much saturation out there now it isn't worth it to make a dock for a single phone.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
There aren't many car docks made specifically for the model phone any more. I really miss my old droid x docks.
The best one I have found is one made by iOttie. It will fit many phones and works with one hand. But, you will still need to manually plug the charger cord in. I hang my cord close to the charger so I don't need to go hunting for it.
This will work with your case as well. I have 3 of them and they fit my Note 2 as well as my wife's S4.
Instead of installing in the center of your windshield, try on the left side of the steering instead.

Amazon.com: iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, HTC One DROID RAZR HD - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

I want to second this: I have the same mount and I absolutely LOVE it! To be honest, I was skeptical that it would actually stick securely to my dash just suction and without an adhesive, but it does; I can't pry it off. Also, it holds the phone very securely, has a great quick release feature for the phone, automatically "grabs" the phone when you press it into place (there's a button on the back of the mount), and does not interfere with my car charger cable. Two thumbs up. Good luck.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I also had the custom mount for my Droid X, and then my Droid Razr Maxx. And the alarm-clock docks for them, too. So this was a big deal for me when I saw the G2 was my best option.

LG website shows that a custom mount and dock have been made, and I'm guessing will be released soon. That said- be careful... For my Razr Maxx, I got a silicone case for it because my husband had the exact same phone. Except then, even though I got the official one of each, the phone would NOT fit in the car mount with the case on it. And that silicone thing was a P-A-I-N to take off and get on. So even though LG will be releasing one for the G2, I went with the generic Verizon one anyway so the case will never be an issue.

Just something to keep in mind--HTH!

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Oh, one more thing...

While most mounts are set up for horizontal viewing, and LG's one for the G2 is exclusively that way, I found that I much prefer the vertical position when using GPS. So if you like the same, don't bother with LG's mount.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
ProClip makes the best car mounts in the world (in my opinion). They make the mount in two pieces: a dashboard mount that is customized to fit your vehicle with no adhesive or drilling, and the other is a phone holder that attaches to the mount. I use the adjustable phone holder and it works perfectly with the Incipio Feather case. I've been using this system for about 6 years with two different vehicles and mulitple phones.
Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non