Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default Car Mode?

Is there a car mode on the phone, and if so, how do I access it?

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Car Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by rgordondmd View Post
    Is there a car mode on the phone, and if so, how do I access it?
    Looking at the LG Website, it does not list anything on a "car mode." Also, all the reviews I've read for the Verizon LG G2 never state anything about a Car mode. I've might of missed it, but I think the LG G2 for verzion doesn't have one. If it helps, here is a car mode app.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

The LG G2 does in fact have a "car mode". To access it, you need to insert the phone into the car dock and it automatically opens it. It works fine in car mode. The Car dock made for the LG G2 can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Thanked by:

Just FYI, if you cam to the G2 from a Motorola device and Motorola car dock, you will be greatly disappointed in the G2 car mode and dock. I've switched to a 3rd party car mode app. Better, but no where as nice as Moto. I am truly surprised that no other manufacturer comes close. Even Job's product has nothing to compare.
    Thanked by:
    prymuz 

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Doug View Post
    The LG G2 does in fact have a "car mode". To access it, you need to insert the phone into the car dock and it automatically opens it. It works fine in car mode. The Car dock made for the LG G2 can be found here: Amazon.com: LG Electonics VZW LG G2 Navigation Car Mount - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Ah ok, that makes sense.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

Anyone knows how to access the car mode without purchasing the LG case? I have a generic case that I use in my car and would love to be able to use the car mode.. Thanks in advance

What does car mode do?

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by scallawag View Post
    What does car mode do?
    Just makes it easier to navigate your phone in the car. My guess it also enables you to do hands free calling.

I was able to place on one of my home screens a car mode toggle widget. Now I just need to figure out what car mode actually does...

I'm hoping that it can read my incoming text messages.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Never mind. You already got an answer.