Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By somenothingness
  • 3 Post By pitur Alex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not

I have an issue with the update. The option in call features on JB said Power BUTTON Ends Call. In KK it is supposed to say Power KEY Ends Call. I noticed that no matter if I toggled that option on or off that the power button ends the call. I called VZW who 3-way called LG. LG said it was VZW responsibility since VZW signed off on the update. LG wants to charge shipping to and from repair while VZW wants to send a replacement. This is after diagnostics and resets have already been done. One rep's supervisor has the LG with the same problem. Several others did not have the issue, or were unaware to it as of yet. If enough problems were reported of the same nature, LG would issue an update to fix bugs, but would still have to go through testing and then to VZW for testing, and that might be quite some time if at all. I am holding off on returning it, hoping something fixes itself. Otherwise I might still be stuck in a loop of return, replace, update, errors, repeat.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not

I wonder if anyone can try to duplicate my problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not-screenshot_2014-04-22-19-09-55-1-.jpg

So, let's make sure I have this correctly. The power button ends the call no matter what, correct? Even if it is unchecked, it still hangs up? Here's how mine functions:

1. Box is checked: Hangs up phone when I press the power button
    2. Box is not checked: Turn the screen off when I press the power button

I just updated to 4.4.2 today. I just tested it and the above two items is how it works for me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That is correct. No matter my selection the call ends and screen turns off.

Ditto what Scottysize said.

Quote Originally Posted by somenothingness View Post
    That is correct. No matter my selection the call ends and screen turns off.
    Do a Factory Reset and try again, sounds like something is conflicting with the settings.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

3 resets is enough.

3 resets is enough.
    lol... yes, if you said that I missed that part, sorry.

Are you completely stock? No Xposed or root or anything else?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Completely stock. Tried reset within Android and via Boot mode. Also found that for whatever reason, LG has a different set of drivers for the white model. Not that it helped now. Also tried FW Update via download mode (powered off, hold vol up and plug in cable)After KK update Power Button ends Call no matter selected or not-capture.jpg where computer finally recognized phone but failed authentication.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I got a replacement today. Immediately FDR upon powering on 3 times. Charged to 100% and left plugged into AC outlet while downloading update and installing update. Then FDR 3 more times. Everything is working so far. SMS sends and receives timely, tapping shade/pull-down bar turns off/on screen without going to date window, power button no longer ends call, BT works, battery is just as good as JB. I'm sure something will pop up, but so far, none of the usual gripes.

Called tech support today who said they were unaware of the issue with the power button. They put me through to an LG tech who also was unfamiliar with the issue. LG created a trouble ticket and said they would contact me back, this has to be a software issue.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rackumrack View Post
    Called tech support today who said they were unaware of the issue with the power button. They put me through to an LG tech who also was unfamiliar with the issue. LG created a trouble ticket and said they would contact me back, this has to be a software issue.

Still have not heard from LG tech support on the issue with the power button.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Update: So I am currently running 12b and have used tb to freeze the update so I am not constantly harassed. I have had no problem with the power button ending the call. I have attempted to take the ota kk update three times and the problem still presents itself; the power button ends call whether checked or not. So for now im staying on jb until another update comes out.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I say go for the replacement like I did.
    rackumrack likes this.

I say go for the replacement like I did.
    I had a dead spot in the screen so got a replacement before the warranty ran out. My new, used phone is working as it should.

"Live for something rather than dying for nothing" General George S. Patton

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Same problem here, it's how I found this thread...annoying as all get out.

SOLUTION: hello, i have found by accident how to fix this. It is not a software problem. Its a option enabled for those oho have cracked screen or thouch is not responding. In order to fix it turn off your phone and hold all 3 buttons pressed, volume up down and power buttons . Hold them untill some options show up. And turn that off. That should fix the problem . I Hope this helpped .
    Note: i creatted account to help u guy and oho sever has this problem. I know how it feel have a good day!!*
    skm189, satamusic and Mattycee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pitur Alex View Post
    SOLUTION: hello, i have found by accident how to fix this. It is not a software problem. Its a option enabled for those oho have cracked screen or thouch is not responding. In order to fix it turn off your phone and hold all 3 buttons pressed, volume up down and power buttons . Hold them untill some options show up. And turn that off. That should fix the problem . I Hope this helpped .
    Note: i creatted account to help u guy and oho sever has this problem. I know how it feel have a good day!!*
    You are a life saver. Fix works great on LG G Flex D950 on 4.4.2. Thanks

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I am so happy I found this thread. I can also advise this works for an LG G3 as well as I had the same issue and now it is solved thanks to you! You're a legend!!

Worked! Thank you so much!

Thank you. Problem solved. A beer in your name.