Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Will the VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or go to 5 directly? I know they have a habit of withholding updates for their phones so we upgrade to the latest phone releases (like G3) but G2 is an awesome phone on hardware and nice UI...

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5 or LG G2

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Will the VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or go to 5 directly? I know they have a habit of withholding updates for their phones so we upgrade to the latest phone releases (like G3) but G2 is an awesome phone on hardware and nice UI...

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5 or LG G2

I've heard the possibility of the G2 getting Android L is good, but not definite it will happen.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After seeing what KitKat did to the Razr Maxx HD, I don't think I'd want to go to another major update with an older device. KK totally killed my Razr with lag.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It was in an android central article. Had a whole list of phones that are confirmed to get android L. I can't find it on mobile I'll look it up tonight.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
After seeing what KitKat did to the Razr Maxx HD, I don't think I'd want to go to another major update with an older device. KK totally killed my Razr with lag.

I think if an "older" device could handle android L it would be the G2!

Posted via Android Central App

xaml

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I think if an "older" device could handle android L it would be the G2!

Definitely. The fifteen somewhat month rule and treating capable devices as end of life by Google simply is customer unfriendly and environmentally questionable nonsense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress