People I call can't hear me

Slag_Hunter

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have gone through 4 warrenty phones with no fix for this problem.

I spent 2 hours in theVerizon store with a rep on the phone with Verizon and LG.

They wanted to send me a 5th phone but i refused it. Its been like this ever since the new update.

Hopefully they come out with an update soon.

They have already developed 2 updates ahead of the G2 for the G3.

Plan on paying for a phone that wont work and that Verizon will not help you with.

Im probably going to buy my contracts out because it would be cheaper than buying a phone equal to,or beyter than my current pos LG G2.

Bottom line they will not have a fix for you. They will just keep sending you a reconditioned phone with the same problems.

I know this doesnt help much and I feel all your frustrations but Verizon will be of no help! Atleast not as right now.

LG will want you to send your phone in and then send you one back so you would be without your phone for atleast a week.

Being they are garbage anyway I guess not having it would be the same as having it.

Verizon should see this as a faulty device and stand behind there word.

Unfortunately they havent yet.

R/
1 pissed payin customer

pbear8118

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Big Thank you to everyone in this forum. Turning of "OK Google" detection from any screen has fixed my problem (exact same problem at the beginning of this thread, people couldn't hear me.)
Just went into Settings -> Google account -> Search -> "OK Google" detection -> From Any Screen (turn it off) - I left the voice command only on for google now app. All seems to be well, can now make calls and be heard.

anon(17918)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have gone through 4 warrenty phones with no fix for this problem.

I spent 2 hours in theVerizon store with a rep on the phone with Verizon and LG.

They wanted to send me a 5th phone but i refused it. Its been like this ever since the new update.

Hopefully they come out with an update soon.

They have already developed 2 updates ahead of the G2 for the G3.

Plan on paying for a phone that wont work and that Verizon will not help you with.

Im probably going to buy my contracts out because it would be cheaper than buying a phone equal to,or beyter than my current pos LG G2.

Bottom line they will not have a fix for you. They will just keep sending you a reconditioned phone with the same problems.

I know this doesnt help much and I feel all your frustrations but Verizon will be of no help! Atleast not as right now.

LG will want you to send your phone in and then send you one back so you would be without your phone for atleast a week.

Being they are garbage anyway I guess not having it would be the same as having it.

Verizon should see this as a faulty device and stand behind there word.

Unfortunately they havent yet.

R/
1 pissed paying customer!

Have you turned of "OK Google" from any screen? The consensus here seems to be that fixes it.

Kirt Greenburg

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
This solution also worked for me, though I am not terribly satisfied. I love to use the Google Now feature on the phone and now must choose between call quality and having the immediate access to commands like "Weather", "Call Mom", etc. Is there a place to report this bug both to Google and to LG?

Slag_Hunter

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me too! Thank you all! Lets hope that LG gets a new firmware update soon so it's a more permanent fix.

You guys are awesome. I don't feel like I'm paying for nothing anymore!

R/

Posted via the Android Central App

Slag_Hunter

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Scratch that! It worked once on restart now every call after I can't be heard.

If I hold my phone horizontally and speak directly into the Mic I can somewhat be heard but not understood.

So I guess I'm back to square one!

Posted via the Android Central App

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
On my old G2 the google fix worked, suddenly all my calls were good. I received the warranty-replacement and double checked the google now settings and the top one is on (voice in google now) and the bottom two are off (voice from any app). I liked being able to use it at any time, but prefer the phone to work overall. 4 days later...all is good...not going to gamble on switching google now back on until after Lollipop...

Hondo17

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Turning off OK Google from Any screen is the fix for me. HOWEVER - the Google App automatically updated yesterday for both our phones and it turned OK Google from any screen BACK on on its own. I didn't notice until I had a bad call experience. I switched it off again, and no issues. So for those who say the fix didn't work, just check the Google App wasn't updated and turned the feature back on automatically. Using OK Google feature from within the App still works, just not from ANY screen. Yes, I am hoping as well this may be fixed once the 5.x update comes to the G2.

Markc40

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same issues about the same time everyone else has. I also went through a hard reset, and after setting everything back up, still had problems. Called VZ tech support, had me start up in SAFE MODE, worked great, called several people and had no issues. Turned it back on normal, issues came back. Always loved the OK Google but since I've turned it off, my VZ G2 has worked perfectly. Hoping the Android L update remedies the issue, ready for it to come out.

Mitch69

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Turning off OK Google from Any screen is the fix for me. HOWEVER - the Google App automatically updated yesterday for both our phones and it turned OK Google from any screen BACK on on its own. I didn't notice until I had a bad call experience. I switched it off again, and no issues. So for those who say the fix didn't work, just check the Google App wasn't updated and turned the feature back on automatically. Using OK Google feature from within the App still works, just not from ANY screen. Yes, I am hoping as well this may be fixed once the 5.x update comes to the G2.

Thanks so much for posting your findings! Big kudos to you! Now to see how to return the replacement they sent me....

Last edited by a moderator:

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
@Hondo17 You were right, I went back to my Google settings and found "OK Google" search from any screen on again after I had turned it off once already. I've turned it back off to see if it fixes the issue again.

Britt_Luvz_Budz

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I just started having this trouble with both of my g2s also, Verizon sent a new one under warranty, but then my other phone started the same thing, and the new one came and started as well. I did all the above trouble shooting to no avail; but only after a factory reset was the problem fixed. It seemed to be the snapchat app, as since I reset the phones & did not reinstall snapchat both my phones have been successfully working. It's definately gotta be a software issue, I first thought mic troubles but not if the ok google works fine and voice recorder works with out incident. So looks like I got a new phone even though it wasn't the phone itself. I hope this helps someone. P. S. the advanced calling or HD calling feature seemed to have no effect on the problem.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks - haven't been here in a while.

Last August, with the roll-out of Advanced Calling, my LG G2 began to have the exact symptoms that are listed in this thread. Every few months since then I would experience a flurry of instances where the person I am connected with cannot hear me. I worked with VZW network engineers last August, in the Fall and again a couple of weeks ago. Can't get anywhere with VZW. I also can't see any consistent triggers over the last 7 months or so. Turning Advanced Calling on/off was an idea, as was factory resetting the phone and deleting apps that could possibly futz with the connection. Nothing works for the long-term, it always comes back. I have not tried turning off OK Google from any screen, but there seem to be plenty of G2 owners here for which that fix didn't work either. Although, I will give it a try.

VZW is sending me a CLN G2 for free, even though I am months past my 1 year warranty. That's good customer service, IMO. But, I am not convinced that the new CLN phone will work either, as my wife's LG G2, purchased the same day as mine in 11/2013, and which has NEVER had any issues whatsoever, has just starting with this exact issue in the past 24 hours. How can that be explained?

Still, I will dutifully put the CLN into service tomorrow - as long as it's doesn't look like a POS. My original G2 is in perfect condition, so the CLN has to be as well otherwise it's going back tomorrow. I won't be surprised if this issue is present on the CLN as well over time, given my experience and the posts in this thread.

Reminds me of the erratic screen/phantom touch issues of the LG G2 when it first came out.
Very frustrating!

Last edited:

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, an update to my issue on our two LG G2s. I read in another forum that OK Google from ANY screen option was causing the issue. I turned off the option from any screen in Google Now (I left the option ON from within Google Now only) and both our phones have been trouble free since. Now, we have lost the option for OK Google from any screen, but I will monitor and watch for updates to see if it gets resolved.

So, try turning off OK Google from the Google Now page and Voice Settings.

Thanks dude. Sorry do looking on sending my thanks but couldn't get back in the forum. This ok Google from any screen was the problem for me. The problem I have now is that I had to pay$150 for a refurbished phone and nothing was actually wrong with my original. No-one wants to help out either. Not really surprised but still kinda ticked about it. The Google geek thought the Lollypop update would take care of it but of course LG g2 don't have it yet. Oh well, at least I have a working phone. Right?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. But, if you have a fully working phone, that's got to be a good thing.

I wish I could advance the clock a month or two, to see if we are all still considering turning off OK Google from any screen to be the fix. Fact is, I had this problem long before I turned that feature on. So, I have my doubts, but it would be great if it were to be true.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty