Lollipop update question - Lock Screen Notifications?

anon(448477)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Lollipop upgrade this morning and the battery seems to be draining faster, but it could just be that I've been playing with the phone a lot today, so I can't really complain about it yet.

Somewhere, I thought I read that I should be able to double click/tap any notifications on my lock screen and have that application open but it's not working for me. It does say that it only works if you have the swipe lock (not pattern or pw) but that's what I have. If I double tap something it just comes up and says "swipe to unlock" and when I swipe it takes me to my home screen and the notifications are gone.

I have rebooted after the upgrade, but not a factory reset.

tollonodre

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It might depend on the app? I can't test at the moment as my battery usage was off the charts after the upgrade so I kicked off a factory reset last night. Haven't had a chance to reinstall everything.

bcantana

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the update yesterday and did the following steps:
- Backed up old Apps/Media and Data using MyBackupPro
- Performed a FDR (yes, I did it pre-upgrade)
- Performed the upgrade
- Performed another FDR right after upgrade (maybe overkill, but who knows)
- Restored all applications and data from Google first
- Restored Apps/Media and Data (Pics, SMS all that) from my MyBackupPro backup
- Used All In One Toolbox app Boot Speedup Tool and shut off everything except the stuff I need at startup (It looked like just about everything was starting at boot time)

After all this, I noticed that my battery was draining quite rapidly (10 - 15% an hour on standby)
I did notice that it seemed the default screen brightness I was used to on KK (50%) was a bit brighter so I knocked it down to 40% (no auto adjust)

I let my phone basically die and charged it overnight on the QI charger.

This morninig I noticed I went through 8% of the battery pretty quickly and saw that Google Services was using most of the battery so far. I turned location services to "Low Battery Use" and then just used it like I normally do (emails, GOOD for work, Facebook, Maps to check traffic.)

I have been on Battery for 7h 13 min.
I have 1h 28m 57s of screen time.
I have 75% battery left.
I have 21h 43min estimated time remaining.

These seem to be on par with what I was seeing from KK.

Just FYI. I think the FDR is the key here. Maybe doing it once before and once after the install maybe helped ensure there was no crap floating around.

I have seen no significant downside other than I wished I would not have felt forced to update. I missed a defer notification somewhere and it downloaded the first update. It did not install it but was nagging me every 3-5 miuntes and I couldn't take it.

Good Luck All!
-Ben