Charging time

18annu18

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about picking up the Revo because it's 4g on the cheap. I've read all of the reviews. I like the form factor and the design. I can deal with Bing and all of the other cons with this device. The only thing that concerns be is charging time. Do you guys notice long charging times with this device?

Thanks!

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Clearly you haven't read all the reviews or you wouldn't even be considering the Revo. A complete POS. skip it and get a different phone. Poor battery life and lousy reliability are only two of the issues.

18annu18

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Clearly you haven't read all the reviews or you wouldn't even be considering the Revo. A complete POS. skip it and get a different phone. Poor battery life and lousy reliability are only two of the issues.

What reviews are you referring to? Androidcentral's review didnt say anything about reliability. Also I mentioned that I'm aware of some of the cons with this device. Do you own a Revo yourself? Can you speak from experience?

Msf

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the revolution. I would not consider it unless you get the extended battery (which I have). Takes about 3 hours to a full charge. With the latest software build it is an okay phone. That said, the rezound, nexus and the charge would definitely be better choices if the price was close. I would put the razr down as better also, except for camera quality. I tr. I have rezound because I had the opportunity to purchase a slightly used one off contract for 108 dollars from Gazelle on ebay. That way I have 4g now and didn't have to pay retail. I still have my regular upgrade in 4 months.
Having tried most of the verizon phones, i would not let 50 or 100 dollars savings for a rezound lock me in for 2 years. Too many better choices. My two cents.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What reviews are you referring to? Androidcentral's review didnt say anything about reliability. Also I mentioned that I'm aware of some of the cons with this device. Do you own a Revo yourself? Can you speak from experience?

I do own a Revo, however I no longer use it due to its unreliability and sluggish performance. The 4G was nice, but it drained the battery so fast that it wasn't worth it in the end. The biggest problem I had with it was that sometimes texts and calls would not come through. There were numerous times when I would be asked why I didn't answer a text, email or call and I would be forced to say that I didn't receive them. Bottom line was since I needed this phone for my work, I had to ditch it and go back to my Incredible and 3G only.

I tried again with the recent update but the same things still occur, check the forum threads here and at Android Forums for more examples.

Sorry to be so negative, but I don't want anyone to get stuck with this phone or waste an upgrade on one like I did. I hear the Spectrum is what the Revo should have been, but I have no personal experience with that one.

I'm personally waiting for the Droid Incredible 4G to come out as it promises to be worth putting aside my venerable Dinc.

18annu18

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i appreciate the insight to your personal experience. I had a samsung fascinate and had the same problems with not getting texts and calls so i feel your pain.