Garbled voice calls - Verizon says they can't fix

rsantos97

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I received a replacement yesterday and am happy to report that the chirping and garbled sounds are gone.

update: I spoke to soon. I am still having the same issues with the new phone, but not as bad. Hopefully a software update can fix this. I am still going to hang on to this phone, though.

waywardzeek

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Everyone who still has this problem needs to call Verizon and complain. Open a ticket! They are back to denying it's an issue again :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
One quick question for all the garbled callers. Open your dialer and click the menu then settings under ringtone and sound settings, do you have noise do you have noise reduction checked or not. I have a feeling you may have the noise reduction checked. Uncheck that and see if the quality improves.

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The issue that people are having is on your end of the call not the people on the other phone isn't it ? If it is on my phone then I am not having that trouble everything sounds Ok so far on my end of the conversation.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is only on the note 3 side of the call, that is why I think it is the noise suppression setting causing it.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe it's the call privacy, I notice this problem when I went to call setting and change the personalize call sound. When I bought my note 3 it was off, when I made the change to soft that is when I notice this issue. But as long as I keep it off or on clear the quality is great. Maybe if people who are having this problem should check there and see if they are still having this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No not call privacy, noise reduction. And the clear etc you are talking about is a part of the digital noise reduction. See the image I attached. 1383358813924.jpg

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok maybe each phone is different but I keep my personalize call sound off, no issue. Sound quality is great. A lot of people on sprint had this issue, Samsung released an update last week so far so good. Let see if or when vzw will have an update.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Update - a couple weeks ago (been on vacation), I traded in my 2nd Note for my 3rd Note. It has been flawless. Swapping was a bit time consuming, but I was not willing to live with how bad it was.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No matter how I changed the settings of the sound I still had issues.

That is until today and the newest OTA update. My calls are as clear as they ever where on the iPhone. It's how it should have been released in the first place.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Verizon did an OTA update yesterday. Go to settings about phone at the bottom then on the next screen click software update and it should tell you an update is available.

leelhead5000

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
So. After two hours with customer support, I have found the issue on my phone anyway. P.s. I was having the same issue but on AT&T It was a third party app called soundhound. The way to test is to run your phone in safe mode. To do that, turn it off, turn back on but as soon as it buzzes hold the volume down key until fully restarted. It can be a little tricky the first time... Then, make some calls to test. If it's fixed, time to start uninstalling apps! Best strategy is to go to application manager and look for the ones with the most phone permissions. Good luck guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non