Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - N3 Contacts App Deal Killer

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Love my Note 3. More even than I expected. Blown away by the battery life and a host of other things.

That being said, I have ran into one "deal killer" since coming from the Galaxy Nexus. The Contacts app in TouchWiz. I don't like it quiet as much as the stock Android one on the GN. But some of that may be learning curve. The problem is in the Notes (ironically) section of the Contact. Notes are mission critical for my business. Why, I will spare everyone the reasons. Let's just say I keep a lot of info there and know that it is linked to a Contact. I sync with Google Contacts, just like on my Nexus.

When looking at a contact, the notes appear in their entirety just like in Google Contacts and on my Nexus. But when editing a note, this Contact app truncates the note field and allows only say 12-15 lines of data and limits data. No longer can I get a contact, edit the not and copy an address out of that cantact that is beyond the range of where editing can occur!

Why on earth is this truncated and what can be done about it? I tested Contacts + from the Play Store and it edits notes exactly the same way. Whaaat?

Anyone run into this? Have a solution yet? TIA!

Mikeyk61

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It's happening to me and is a deal breaker. Reset, wipe and re sync, clear cache,etc. Can't edit contact notes from notes that synced from Gmail. What?
Please help.

Love my Note 3. More even than I expected. Blown away by the battery life and a host of other things.

That being said, I have ran into one "deal killer" since coming from the Galaxy Nexus. The Contacts app in TouchWiz. I don't like it quiet as much as the stock Android one on the GN. But some of that may be learning curve. The problem is in the Notes (ironically) section of the Contact. Notes are mission critical for my business. Why, I will spare everyone the reasons. Let's just say I keep a lot of info there and know that it is linked to a Contact. I sync with Google Contacts, just like on my Nexus.

When looking at a contact, the notes appear in their entirety just like in Google Contacts and on my Nexus. But when editing a note, this Contact app truncates the note field and allows only say 12-15 lines of data and limits data. No longer can I get a contact, edit the not and copy an address out of that cantact that is beyond the range of where editing can occur!

Why on earth is this truncated and what can be done about it? I tested Contacts + from the Play Store and it edits notes exactly the same way. Whaaat?

Anyone run into this? Have a solution yet? TIA!

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The field in the Samsung Contacts app is not "unlimited" like Google Contacts, but has a text limit. Stupid!
The stock Android app does not have this limit and works perfectly. I just have not found a way to get it yet?

kuip

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of getting the note 3.............being a little slow on what I am reading, I also need more than 12-15 lines of text in the note section of contacts.

If I get a new Note3 phone and install the contacts from gmail, will the contacts come to the note3 in their entirety with the complete note or will the note section be shortened?

If a new contact in installed directly on the note3 will it be able to have a longer note section in the contact such 25-30 lines of text or will it be stopped when you get to their limit?

Mikeyk61

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I think you will be ok with unlimited. I sync from act on lap top thru gmail.i think that has something to do with limit. I stopped that and now use deja office, sync thru cloud and am back to unlimited. Not using native contact manager. Great phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member