133 Global Posts

Default How amazing is the Note 3?

On a scale 1-10?

Any regrets?

Default Re: How amazing is the Note 3?

-.1 because it doesn't have moto x active notitfications
    -.1 for the annoying pop Knox bug
    -.1 for the "wi-fi is unstable bug"
    -.3 because reception isn't as good as other phones.

so 9.4

Great phone. Amazing screen.
    I went moto x after buying the Note 3, Twice.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
    DayThyme likes this.

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I have the option for a moto x, nexus 5, and a note 3 for my driver......... so far I don't have to shout out anything we *already* all know. I don't always rock Android, but when I do, I do it from a gawd awful expensive note 3.

Haven't hardly used my iPad since I got this thing.. Love it. Couldn't imagine dd'ing a moto x. Too small
    sheaviousdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Size matters? I was concerned about the size of the Note 3 (being too big). Got used to it in about 2 days. This is mostly a personal preference, but for me no worries.

In the beginging, I had miserable static on the few calls I do make. Returned 2 phones right away. 3rd time is a charm - works fine so far.

Awesome phone, no regrets. Probably a 9, and I'm being a really tough judge... IMHO perfection is impossible in cell phones, but thie Note 3 is certainly one of the best out there right now.
    sheaviousdroid likes this.

for me the great screen and the great battery life wasnt enough to over come the mediocre signal . I give it a 8 . i was very upset that the signal was worse than the note2.

Sent by the Best phone to live NOTE 3

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOPK 24 w/ GLaDOS

I say 9 mainly for not being able to use Google Wallet tap to pay. Everything else is wonderful.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

mine works wonderfully... I never had any problems. I would suggest getting an otter box style case and some Bluetooth ear buds. I hate using it on my ear... the possibility of some young punk running up and stealing it... I give the phone a 10... I just wish Verizon would release kit kat a lot faster. but we all know they have to molest it with their bloatware

- - - Updated - - -

it has to be where you're at. I get 4g in Atlanta where I work but up in the bush where I live I still get 4g... maybe 3g if im driving thru the mountains... hell I've never seen 2g or 1x
    Harlemknight and BBKrzy like this.

LOl google the Samsung MEGA by At&t

- - - Updated - - -

it doesn't have tap to pay??!! I just installed it and all I saw was send money bla bla
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

LOL what is kit kat?

10 x 10....no regrets even for a moment...i've experienced no static problems, or wifi problems, or any problems at all. love love love all of the new spen features!! use it for a while and then try to use someones, teeny tiny phone....yikes i could never go back to a smaller screen.
    BBKrzy likes this.

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    ROM

10, thought briefly about going to an iphone 5s but so glad I went with this instead

after setting it up, going back to my s3 to wipe the device felt odd, the s3 felt like a toy

couldn't imagine actually living with an even smaller screen than the s3 on a day to day basis
    karsdroid and BBKrzy like this.

When compared to other phones and phoned I have had in the past definitely a 10. But by itself with some of the issues etc, I would give it an 8

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

What issues

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

No static issues. Fixed the wifi issue by turning off the auto switching mode. No real signal problems, I get 4G in the boonies. Love the size and the S Pen features. No camera issues.

I'm a happy Note 3 camper.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    karsdroid and BBKrzy like this.

Mine has a NFC alarm that Verizon and I are trying to work out. I also am not a fan of Samsung doing repairs only for warranty on a $600 device and leaving it up to the carriers as to replace them or not.

9 due to one annoying problem: index service draining the battery. The only solution I could find was to force stop index service every time I restart or turn phone off then on. There should be a better solution. I had another problem with media server draining the battery and I have to force stop a game called blitz to stop that drain. These services should shut themselves off without my intervention don't you think?

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    Mine has a NFC alarm that Verizon and I are trying to work out. I also am not a fan of Samsung doing repairs only for warranty on a $600 device and leaving it up to the carriers as to replace them or not.

Interesting....i've always liked the fact that i just had to deal with verizon....why not just get a replacement phone and say goodbye to the nfc alarm problem. if i have any problems at all with my verizon phones i just switch them out. my friend with an iphone problem had to drive over an hour to get to the nearest mac store to get help with the problem.....no thanks!!

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

I'll say a 10x 10 also, I have had a few strange things happen with the phone but nothing any different than what I have had with my other Samsung phones. Strange lock up's and restarts but I get those on all of my devises ocasionaly, even my old Samsung 10.1 tablet. I just put up, with it. Other than that I have had no problems with my Note 3, I can even print from it. I love all of the things it can do & I'm still learning.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

Perfect 10, minus the occasional freezes..ahem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    I'll say a 10x 10 also, I have had a few strange things happen with the phone but nothing any different than what I have had with my other Samsung phones. Strange lock up's and restarts but I get those on all of my devises ocasionaly, even my old Samsung 10.1 tablet. I just put up, with it. Other than that I have had no problems with my Note 3, I can even print from it. I love all of the things it can do & I'm still learning.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4
    i've never had one lock up or restart....rogue app maybe.....honestly never had much problem with my note 2 or S3 either....i'm starting to think since i don't tend to have a ton of apps on my phones that maybe i avoid some issues i might otherwise encounter. not that i'm advocating no apps, i just think being careful is in order and trying to correlate an issue with the addition of a new app....just a thought
    Thanked by:

Because I have already did 2 factory resets per Samsung and Verizon and Verizon is wanting me to do another before we can proceed. And after resetting it takes me at least a week to get everything just how I want. I would have been fine if after the second reset they would have swapped but no they want to try something else now.

9. I hold back a point because I still have to cook my own dinner.
    Thanked by 2:
    Bluehair62, ajnevares and twick75 like this.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i've never had one lock up or restart....rogue app maybe.....honestly never had much problem with my note 2 or S3 either....i'm starting to think since i don't tend to have a ton of apps on my phones that maybe i avoid some issues i might otherwise encounter. not that i'm advocating no apps, i just think being careful is in order and trying to correlate an issue with the addition of a new app....just a thought
    That could be part of the problem, I know I have at least one game that is ad ware but I like the game. My anti virus soft doesn't flag it so I guess it's ok.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast