Verizon Note 3: Screen Timeout Keeps Resetting To 30 Seconds

City_Kidd

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Verizon Wireless Note 3 for a week now, and I the screen timeout keeps resetting to 30 seconds. It seemingly happens at random. I haven't noticed any pattern of why it is doing it. Anyone else experiencing this problem and have a fix?

Last edited by a moderator:

City_Kidd

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Timeout Keeps Resetting To 30 Seconds

Ugh. I just spent about 45 minutes on a chat with Samsung technical support and they walked me through a soft reset and clearing the cache, neither of which helped. They then wanted me to do a system reset. Of course you spend hours and hours getting things just how you like it and a system reset doesn't sound like a good option. I'll keep trying and as a last resort, will maybe try that.

biceonthego

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I just figured my screen timeout issue. An app called after call lock was messing it up. U just have to un check one of the options.

Posted via Android Central App

City_Kidd

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Sorry - I meant to respond earlier this week. Embarrassingly enough, this was my fault. I did a complete system reset as suggested by Samsung and the phone kept resetting the lock screen time out to 30 seconds. I discovered it was my trigger app (profile scheduler). I have it to set turn on all sounds when connected to my wi-fi and silence when not connected to my wi-fi. I did not realize it also had a lock screen setting as well. The default lock screen setting for the app is 30 seconds. So whenever I would change to something other than 30 seconds, the trigger app would do what it was supposed to do and change it back to 30 seconds. After I discovered the setting, I changed the trigger app setting to 2 minutes, and as expected, it is now fixed. Just like other people have discovered, it is most likely an app that is causing this problem. The only problem is finding which one!

MilesBB

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Mine keeps resetting to 10 minutes & I have too many apps to figure out which one is forcing this. So an easy fix, and also prevents it from happening in the future with other apps, is to use the app Tasker. Create a Tasker profile with a task that turns your screen off at whatever time length you decide. I set up the task to "happen" (Turn my screen off at 30 seconds of inactivity) whenever an app is turned on. Then I just choose my launcher as the app, that when opened, will start the task, because obviously my launcher is always "open". This is actually even better than the stock choices in your phone settings & offers some interesting options, since you can set the time to any length you want, right down to the second. Or, if you want, you can even set the screen timeout to specific lengths depending on which app is open. For instance, I play the game Ingress, & when playing, I never want the screen to timeout, so I have a task set to not ever timeout when that app is open. I should mention, however, that to achieve this, I run 2 launchers on my phone, and I open the Ingress app from the other launcher, so the 2 screen timeout tasks don't conflict.

Last edited:

DawnGP143

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site

Seriously....thank you for updating. I was having the same trouble....and then I read your post. I went to my sound profile app and sure enough, way down on the pages of each profile was a screen timeout setting. I fixed them all to where I want them, and my problem is SOLVED. Thank you for helping me maintain my sanity.

Sorry - I meant to respond earlier this week. Embarrassingly enough, this was my fault. I did a complete system reset as suggested by Samsung and the phone kept resetting the lock screen time out to 30 seconds. I discovered it was my trigger app (profile scheduler). I have it to set turn on all sounds when connected to my wi-fi and silence when not connected to my wi-fi. I did not realize it also had a lock screen setting as well. The default lock screen setting for the app is 30 seconds. So whenever I would change to something other than 30 seconds, the trigger app would do what it was supposed to do and change it back to 30 seconds. After I discovered the setting, I changed the trigger app setting to 2 minutes, and as expected, it is now fixed. Just like other people have discovered, it is most likely an app that is causing this problem. The only problem is finding which one!

jcx1028

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

Are you using Widget Locker by chance? That app has an "Override Screen Timeout" option. With the Android 4.4.2 update, that option appears to have turned on, causing my screen timeout to repeatedly revert back to 15 seconds. It was driving me insane until I figured it out and turned the setting off.

ChicoToHumboldt

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Yup. Mine kept resetting to 1min every time i wake up in the morning. I thought it was my alarm app some how messing with it. Turns out, it was my night-time profile for Avast Security app changing it every night. One quick change and its all set.