Best case available for the N3 now?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I am tough on phones, really hard actually. I own a small company where I am in the field a lot and need a case that will protect this guy when the inevitable happens.

I don't want a case that is the size of a brick but the slimmest case possible that gives me functionality to slip in and out of my pocket w/out sticking to the sides and reliable protection when it will eventually hit the ground.

Posted via Android Central App

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got Otter Box Commuter. I drop my phone in front of people to show how protected it is. Not bulky, and fits perfectly in my front and back jeans pocket.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Took my Neo Hybrid off(Just to slick) and put on the Otter Box Defender on after taking off the screen protector feels a lot safer to handle with no problems going in and out of pockets.

lowchef1

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've tried quite a few cases including neo hybrid which was nice but had some sharp edges on the bottom. I've stopped searching for the moment and have chose the seidio surface...its a terrific case which adds great protection and feel with very little bulk and has a useful and slick kickstand.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Seidio Dilex case, which I love. I've posted pictures in another post about cases. Does not add too much bulk to an already big phone. My husband only buys Otterbox, and I was surprised at how little bulk it adds to the phone. Either one of these are great options.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I like the Spigen Bounce. Like a second skin. Nice sculpted look. And only $11.

Not sure how much protection it offers but it will certainly protect the case and bezel from nicks and scratches. Drops? I suspect that it might do a good job for the amount of size and weight that it adds to the phone (almost none).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DC...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3329383

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox will be the best to keep it protected but it adds a lot to the weight of the phone. I bought a Slim Armor by Spigen which is cross between an Otterbox and a Slim style case. The other day, I set my phone on top of my mail on my counter top. I walked away and heard the phone fall to the ground. It hit my hard wood floor pretty good. Picked it up and was expecting a cracked screen or other. No damage was done to the phone.

I had Spigen products when I had my Iphone and loved them. The next item on agenda, is the Spigen Glas.tr screen protector. Then the whole thing will be protected and it will be just like typing on the screen glass.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and bought a Otterbein commuter for the N3 and I bought a Otterbox Reflex for my ipad 3 as well. Thanks to everyone that made recommendations on cases.

I am ridiculously hard on the phones I use as the business that I run is mainly out in the field.

Thanks again for everyone's help

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

It is definitely a nice looking case, but two things concerned me about it. First is the loss in reception, 1-2 bars is huge if you are already in a weak signal area and second is the hassle of removing the case to swap the battery out. Not something I want to deal with since I did just get a spare batter/charger bundle.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Seidio Dilex case, which I love. I've posted pictures in another post about cases. Does not add too much bulk to an already big phone. My husband only buys Otterbox, and I was surprised at how little bulk it adds to the phone. Either one of these are great options.

Its a nice looking case and the built in kickstand is a benefit I would like. I was hoping Seidio would deliver on their S-View type case but "Under Development" all this time later I am passing onit.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I canceled my Spigen Slim Armor View case, for a couple of reasons. First at the time I didn't notice you have to remove the battery door to use it which is something I didn't have to do on my GS4 version of the same case so that to me is of no interest. Second is the fact that their pricing keeps fluctuating on Amazon.com (they claim its a competitive marketplace and the prices change daily). Ok, so then why the hell are they offering $10 off for pre-orders via their site and I had ordered nearly two weeks ago. Their erratic pricing, shipping and customer service has me saying enough.

Still in search of a good case though.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Talking about the Otterbox Commuter, will that case interfere with the antenna of the N3? I presume OB has figured this out but I want to make sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa