Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my Note 3 and old Note 2 can't top 27mbps, even with new XLTE....

I have one Verizon Note 3 and two old Verizon Note 2 phones. (the Note 2 is not capable of XLTE)

However, all three phones can't top 27mbps. The Note 3 and Note 2, when placed side-by-side,
    routinely get around 21mbps on speed test sites.

My city is on the list of the new XLTE band. However... I just performed another test and both my
    Note 2 and Note 3 are getting almost the exact same speed, 27mbps.

Is there something that needs to be updated before my Note 3 will get 54mbps?(supposed XLTE
    doubles the speed, so 2 times 27mbps = 54mbps?)

Default Re: my Note 3 and old Note 2 can't top 27mbps, even with new XLTE....

Xlte doesn't necessarily get double speed. It is just a different spectrum that Verizon uses for data. Also xlte isn't available everywhere within the cities listed. I live in Los Angeles and there are still towers that are non xlte.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Didn't I see that they were going to "flip the switch" on the 27th?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    Didn't I see that they were going to "flip the switch" on the 27th?

Posted via Android Central App
    It is active now but only in high load areas within the cities mentioned. I have been on aws since last year

CarrierPigeon is probably suffering from proximity and load issues.

I have hit 62 in the past. I usually hover between 25 and 35 for the most part. Depends on time of day. Rarely get over 30 from about 10 am until well in the afternoon and I can see my tower from where I'm sitting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I sure hope it's not because Verizon is secretly throttling me. I still have unlimited data and I used about 320GB per month.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    I sure hope it's not because Verizon is secretly throttling me. I still have unlimited data and I used about 320GB per month.
    I doubt it. I am over 2tb this cycle and still get fast speeds.

imandroid likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I doubt it. I am over 2tb this cycle and still get fast speeds.
    so I guess my city is either very congested or XLTE hasn't been turned on yet.

when "regular" Verizon LTE was turned on 2 years ago, I can always get 45mbps or better, no matter what time of the day. It kept dropping lower and lower. Now it's only around 27mbps.

So jealous. I can't even break 15 Mbps lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk