SwiftKey for Note 3

JCH76

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded SwiftKey on my Note 3 and I like it but every time I include an emoji in my text messages it turns them into MMS... any way around this?

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Anything that isn't pure text will be converted to MMS. Is this an issue? It's still counted as a text message either way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chemrox

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
What do you like about it? I like the stock keyboard better. Does anyone know of a keyboard that works like a regular IBM type board with the numbers available without activation. The main thing that slows me down is having to switch to numbers. This really gets in the way when writing code or logging into a new wifi. Maybe there's a procedure I didn't learn?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I think Google keyboard has a coders keyboard option in settings and I believe a numbers row... Not positive but check it out and see... It's free.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you like about it? I like the stock keyboard better. Does anyone know of a keyboard that works like a regular IBM type board with the numbers available without activation. The main thing that slows me down is having to switch to numbers. This really gets in the way when writing code or logging into a new wifi. Maybe there's a procedure I didn't learn?

The new version 4.5 of Swiftkey (free app now) includes the option of having a top row of numbers permanently available or having to toggle the numbers screen. There are a number of other nice improvements and options also. Included with the new version (completely useable without purchase) is a Swiftkey app store for additional keyboard themes (some free and some for purchase).

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I Love SwiftKey. I use numbers row. Plenty of customization. If it turns emoji into MMS for me I never see evidence of it in chompSMS which is also great

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The basic style keyboard emoji / emoticons included in new SwiftKey don't appear to send as mms for me, but I am not on Verizon.
rasera5e.jpg

ahe5ybyz.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if you guys misunderstood my post. I don't use emoji in SMS. The colour animation emoji sent as mms when I tried a while ago, but these basic emoji now don't.
I don't know what many of them mean.
Man, am I behind the times.
I've gotten to love them in forums though.

Also if I stick some here via Tapatalk, they won't appear on the AC app.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think this thread made me figure it out myself. In the top row after you choose the smiley on the main keyboard there is a white underline indicating which type you are using. My GF said I was sending her little squares (she has old dumbphone) I moved it from the actual smiley icon to the Colon hyphen symbol on the far right and now I am back to : - ) instead of the yellow cartoons. I guess it's the equivalent of plain text which is what I normally want. I don't know or care what most of them mean either.

I wonder if you guys misunderstood my post. I don't use emoji in SMS. The colour animation emoji sent as mms when I tried a while ago, but these basic emoji now don't.
I don't know what many of them mean.
Man, am I behind the times.
I've gotten to love them in forums though.

Also if I stick some here via Tapatalk, they won't appear on the AC app.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I think this thread made me figure it out myself. In the top row after you choose the smiley on the main keyboard there is a white underline indicating which type you are using. My GF said I was sending her little squares (she has old dumbphone) I moved it from the actual smiley icon to the Colon hyphen symbol on the far right and now I am back to : - ) instead of the yellow cartoons. I guess it's the equivalent of plain text which is what I normally want. I don't know or care what most of them mean either.

Ehhzzzacckkley! Some one get's me. (smiling thingy here)