Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touch screen/buttons stops working

Starting about 4 or 5 days ago, I have this problem once every day.

I'll make a phone call and when it's time to hang up, the touch screen goes dead - everything seems to be displayed OK, but nothing is functional. I can't hang up and the call persists. It's especially annoying when leaving a voice mail, as I can't end it.

Sometimes I'll answer a call by swiping, talk and then when I go to hang up, see that the swipe-screen is still displayed - the screen seems to have hung up in the middle of the swipe to answer the call.

If I reboot, everything is back to normal - until the next day, when it starts all over again.

I don't know of any new apps (other than updates) - anyone have any ideas on this?

Global Posts
    19,917 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Touch screen/buttons stops working

Quote Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
    Starting about 4 or 5 days ago, I have this problem once every day.

I'll make a phone call and when it's time to hang up, the touch screen goes dead - everything seems to be displayed OK, but nothing is functional. I can't hang up and the call persists. It's especially annoying when leaving a voice mail, as I can't end it.

Sometimes I'll answer a call by swiping, talk and then when I go to hang up, see that the swipe-screen is still displayed - the screen seems to have hung up in the middle of the swipe to answer the call.

If I reboot, everything is back to normal - until the next day, when it starts all over again.

I don't know of any new apps (other than updates) - anyone have any ideas on this?
    Did you get an OS update? If so have you done a cache clear in recovery or a reset?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Did you get an OS update? If so have you done a cache clear in recovery or a reset?
    Got KitKat when it first came out - this started well after that. Did a cache clear in recover mode a few days ago. Haven't done a "reset" (not sure what you mean by that).

Global Posts
    19,917 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Got KitKat when it first came out - this started well after that. Did a cache clear in recover mode a few days ago. Haven't done a "reset" (not sure what you mean by that).
    A reset as in a factory reset. This will remove all apps and make the device seem like it it turning on for the first time. Sometimes, with a major OS update, this is necessary. I can understand any hesitation about having to set up your device all over again. If you do choose to do this, I would back everything up you don't want to lose; contacts, pictures, etc, just in case.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    A reset as in a factory reset. This will remove all apps and make the device seem like it it turning on for the first time.
    I'm not sure how much annoyance it would take for me to have to do that!

Global Posts
    19,917 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I'm not sure how much annoyance it would take for me to have to do that!
    I would do that as a last resort. However, I am not sure you have much of a choice.

Phone Timeline