Forward SMS to Email

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a safe, secure way to forward sms to my phone to a free email account like hotmail or gmail? I know it works with outlook express but I don't want personal Sms on my work email. There are some apps in the playstore but they look suspicious to me. I do NOT wish to use google phone. My friends cannot/will not learn a different phone number.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does much more than I want it to do. They actually monitor your on line status! I just want sms forward to email without the bells and whistles, preferably from a developer in USA

i don't care about backing up sms.. i just want to sync sms with email so i can check my sms from online. i don't even care about sending sms from email. i just want to be able to see my sms as they arrive from my own email even if my phone is in another room

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3

Last edited:

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SMS forwarding with the green icon has the ability to forward to email. I've never used the forward to email option. I used it to forward sms from one phone to another and it worked perfectly. I don't remember if it is a free version or I paid for it. Might be worth a try.

Posted via Android Central App

n0rm9n

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
recDNA, please check out this app: "Relay ME"
Disclaimer: I'm the developer of Relay ME
If you want only one way forwarding, it is quite easy to set up. It doesn't use any server-side component, so your texts go directly go to your email. However, there is a catch. You need to BYO email gateway (be it a free GMail account, or your own SMTP server account), I don't like to touch your SMS messages :D
It might seem a bit weird, but if you provide it with an email sending account (a brand new free GMail/Yahoo account, for example), at least you know your texts are not on a random server ready to be hacked.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My sms have nothing I would worry about being hacked. Just stuff like "I'll meet you for lunch". I do worry about the stagefright virus though.

shonangreg

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this app. I just installed it on my phone, then set up a new gmail account as both the sender and receiver, and notifications for incoming SMS work fine. I do not intend to reply to SMS from the email account. I have other options for that, but this means I can be using any of my other devices and get notifications of the occasional SMS as long as those devices are set up to notify me of incoming emails.