samsung insights app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably a piece of bloatware that you can't uninstall unless you root your phone. You can usually Disable or Turn Off apps like this, but not always. Go to your App Manager, select Samsung Insight, and tap Disable or Turn Off.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the advice but someone told me exactly how to do it and it was uninstalled successfully if you or anyone else wants to know how let me know and i will forward the process along.

dipkid

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
no it didnt come preinstalled i installed it miss understanding what the app was and how to use it. to uninstall it you have to:

Go to SETTINGS->Location and Security-> Device Administrator and deselect the admin which you want to uninstall. (in this case it was the samsung insights app)

Now uninstall the application. If it still says you need to deactivate the application before uninstalling, you may need to Force Stop the application before uninstalling.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You need to email them and get a deactivation code from them.. check the app description for an email.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deadpool1668

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
You need to email them and get a deactivation code from them.. check the app description for an email.

Posted via the Android Central App

I waited forever and never got any replies from Samsung to get a deactivation code so I finally just Uninstalled with Titanium backup pro. No more battery drain. This was on a free Galaxy S 5 from Samsung for keeping the Mobile Insights app on the phone monitoring usage for a minimum of 6 months. While I like a free phone they figure people will not bother and keep it going until they upgrade phones again.

edstines

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I need to remove Samsung Insights from my old S5 which I am giving to my stepson. However. I can't seem to delete it so I can factory reset the phone. Can you help?

shaiwon

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The way I was able to factory reset my S5 is by using Android Device Manager from another device (e.g. laptop) to erase everything. You need to have your Google account active on the phone for you to see it in the device manager. Once the phone resets, you should have no problems transferring the device to someone else as the insights app is no longer there to control the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38