How to get rid of Floating Button

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to Lollipop 5.0 last week.

Somehow I got this floating icon that's tied to a few of the phone settings on the phone and I can't figure out How to get RID of it.
It's that little very light gray square floating button on the upper side of the screenshot of my phone.

Screenshot_2015-04-29-19-52-05-01.jpg

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I voice searched settings for: floating button, float, button.
Never thought to use "interaction".
They might consider linking keywords button (and/or) float into the search parameter.

Tx........!

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Actually, I used that floating interaction button for a few days.
It's handy when trying to familiarize yourself for locating features on the main settings screen.
BUT...it's usefulness is short lived. After that it becomes a visual and virtual annoyance.
Constantly having to move it to read info on other screens & the reason I wanted it gone.

Hope this helps.

Bill Murry

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!
I turned this on thinking it was a good idea when I first got the phone and it has been an extreme annoyance. No matter where you move it, it always ends up right over the top of the thing you need next.

I was constantly moving this thing out of the way. I forgot how I turned it on, and there is no indication on the thing to identify what it's called so I had no idea how to google it. I just got lucky that I found your response to this issue.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

mayday713

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
FINALLY... AN END TO THAT UTMOST ANNOYING BOX!!!! NOT SAYING ITS WORTHLESS TO EVERYONE, I TOO MUST SAY ...
"the dam box was NEVER out of my way"
I THOUGHT I HAD BEEN CURSED, I HAV NO CLUE HOW IT CAME TO BE ENABLED.
THANKYOU. . . THANKYOU. . . THANKYOU. . . THANKYOU . . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer