Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jhnnyblze2000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G LTE symbol and WIFI symbol both displaying when on WIFI

Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying. When on WIFI, the 4GLTE is still displayed in the status bar alongside the WIFI symbol. In the next update, I hope this gets fixed, as it's rather annoying, and takes up precious status bar space when in WIFI.

Default Re: 4G LTE symbol and WIFI symbol both displaying when on WIFI

Turn off mobile data and it will disappear.

Posted via Android Central App

I had/have this same issue. I don't have it consistently, just sometimes when I'm on WiFi.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Yeah, I have it all the time when I'm connected to WiFi.

Go in to application manager and disable the caller name id app. I did that and its been gone the entire time. It requires a constant connection to verizons data but only uses it when a call comes in.
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnyblze2000 View Post
    Go in to application manager and disable the caller name id app. I did that and its been gone the entire time. It requires a constant connection to verizons data but only uses it when a call comes in.
    This worked for me, thanks!

Will disabling it have any effect on the phone? What exactly does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnyblze2000 View Post
    Thank you! This worked instantly!!

I have this problem but don't have the "Caller Name ID" app in my app list. It appears I'm using data while on wifi. manually turning off data every time i'm on wifi is NOT an option.

UPDATE: Just spoke with Verizon...note the icons in your notification bar: if the WIFI shows the yellow arrow under it, it actively in use - the 4G one is available but not in use. WIFI trumps and negates 4G while in use. I am checking my 4G data closely for a month to verify.
    Last edited by gamebird; 05-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.

No it won't effect the phone. Only caller ID ull have is the standard ID for people that are in your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    I have this problem but don't have the "Caller Name ID" app in my app list. It appears I'm using data while on wifi. manually turning off data every time i'm on wifi is NOT an option.
    Make sure you scroll over to all applications and not just the downloaded ones.

Right you are, my mistake!
    Last edited by gamebird; 05-25-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks, worked like a charm.
    Sent from my Atari 2600

You can actually uninstall the app which is what I just did. The service is only free for a few days then they want you to pay for it monthly!!!!

Thanks!!! I was just coming in to post this. Stopped caller ID and the 4G went away

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So I've only had by S4 for 5 days and received it at the beginning of a new billing cycle. Even though I have been home and using Wifi 99% of the time, I still managed to burn through 30% of my data plan. I realized both my Wifi and 4g were on at the same time and apps were using the data plan when they had no reason to. I spent at least 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and they didn't believe me that this was happening! Anyway long story short, they told me to disable mobile data while I am on wifi and I told them that was just a work around and I wanted a fix. They told me to delete two of the largest offending apps and see if it is the apps or actually the phone. Anyway I stumbled across this post and disabled the caller id app and the 4g signal went away! I really hope this is my fix b/c I don't want to spend another 2 hours on the phone with Verizon! Thanks

I don't see a 4G symbol unless I get a text or MMS message. Those will use 4G not WiFi.
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Rooted

Fast Speed 1Gbps Fiber optic Downloads. PM For more info
    PM for Passwords and Instructions (Included the Device you need help with)
    S4 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S4
    S3 Root/Restore Files - www.247xtreme.com/S3

Home Internet

4G LTE

awesome!

Hi, I can't work out if my Samsung gs4 is using 4g.. I haven't seen anything on the status bar yet. What should I expect (or do)?? Recently got 4g prepaid access.

My "Caller Name ID" process was not running in the default view Downloaded devices. I had to scroll over to the Running applications to find the "Caller Name ID" app.

Disabling this app did stop my 4G symbol from displaying. I should have left it running as I wonder if it was also affecting my battery life.

I found that if your "Caller Name ID" does not stay disabled, your "Caller Name ID" account may still be active. My new S4 came with a free trail (and I unknowingly accepted the trail). If you don't want the "Caller Name ID", you will have to drill down in the "Caller Name ID" settings menu to stop the trail or account. Then you can go into the Running applications and disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by GolferChris68 View Post
    Not a huge deal, but definitely annoying. When on WIFI, the 4GLTE is still displayed in the status bar alongside the WIFI symbol. In the next update, I hope this gets fixed, as it's rather annoying, and takes up precious status bar space when in WIFI.
    If you have Verizon go into the application manager find caller id app open it and disable it. That will fix the problem.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

OMG...this did the trick. Just disable the Caller Name ID app. Jeez. I've been using data when I thought I was connected wirelessly.

I know its a few months old, but it could also be your phone trying to send an SMS or MMS message. I just noticed that I was having this issue and when I restarted my phone, I got a notification that my MMS wasn't sent...and the 4G icon had disappeared. Once I tried to resend it, it came on again. Even though I deleted the message I was trying to send, the phone doesn't realize that so it's still trying. Try stopping your messaging app and see if that helps also. I'm sure Caller ID may be the culprit for some, but it wasn't in my case since my phone is rooted and I already deleted that app.