Google Now confusion

tino768

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
A few days ago, I received my GS4 in the mail. It's been great so far but one thing confuses me. It's probably a noob problem but here it goes, On my phone there's a Google app that, when opened, takes me to, what I believe to be, Google Now. On the home screen when I touch and hold the menu button, I am taken too, what I again believe, is the general Google search. But the "general Google search" also has cards. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the Google app is actually called "Google Search". Can someone explain this to me?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago, I received my GS4 in the mail. It's been great so far but one thing confuses me. It's probably a noob problem but here it goes, On my phone there's a Google app that, when opened, takes me to, what I believe to be, Google Now. On the home screen when I touch and hold the menu button, I am taken too, what I again believe, is the general Google search. But the "general Google search" also has cards. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the Google app is actually called "Google Search". Can someone explain this to me?

Google search isn't google now but it can connect to google now. For example you could choose to use only the search aspect and turn off the google now part that delivers the cards etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The implementation on the S4 is kind of strange. On my G-Nex I could bring up Google Now by swiping up on the lock screen, and the full page would load, complete with cards, weather, etc. on the S-4, as you stated, only the Google weather box is displayed. Tapping on the weather box brings up the full page of Google Now....weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii