Disappointed not having Google Wallet? Give ISIS a try... I use it in Michigan.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am using ISIS Wallet at the same stores I used GW. ISIS works anywhere contactless payments are accepted. In other words... you don't have to live in Austin or Provo to use ISIS.

Note.... If you are using a SIM from a prior device, I don't think ISIS will work. I got a new SIM with the S4 and it works with ISIS.

Posted via Android Central App

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
They are..... but if you want contactless payments on your phone. ISIS works.

AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile block Google Wallet. Sprint is the only carrier allowing access to Google Wallet, the rest are Isis. I have been using Isis for a while now and I have no problems with it. Not bad at all.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Where do I get ISIS from? When I go to my play store it says its not available from my carrier yet i have an option to download Google wallet

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, it comes up for me. It won't work though cause I'm rooted. I also need to switch to that new SIM.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have installed Isis. I have a credit card tied to the account and have the $10.00 signing bonus card. I go to McDonalds and CVS and no worky. I have NFC on but just noticed that S-Beam was not on. Do I need one or the other on, or both? I am tired of looking like a dork waving my phone across the pad and holding up the line.

bquindawl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed, it instantly popped up saying my device isn't supported. Couldn't access the secure element. Does this mean I don't have an NFC enabled SIM?

!!Update!!- Didn't have an NFC enabled SIM, even though I thought I did. Activated the SIM that came with the S4, and now all is good.

Last edited:

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Tried it again and made sure the both Sbeam and NFC were on. Still not working for me. Had the green icon in the top bar too. Neither the phone or the reader at McDonalds gave any feedback.

BarQsRB1966

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally got ISIS working on my Note 2 from Verizon, in Orange County, Ca. No Root, or Custom Rom. Just works and $35.00 to use. Wish it were Google Wallet, but can not have everything.:)

KBlack2595

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
i also can use it maybe i need the new sim card but i have the verizon note 2 and when i open the app it sayes

the isis wallet cannot read your secure element ID. and to call customer care

tiger81t

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe you have the non-NFC SIM. That's the same error message I received before I exchanged my old SIM for a new NFC SIM at my local Verizon store. My new SIM says "NFC" above the bar code on the plastic card that the SIM is punched out of.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Installed. Activated fine. No free $10 card. Bummer.
Only lets me put in an Amex or certain Chase cards. I have neither, so at this point it's useless to me.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 8.0 via the Android Central App