Notification Drawer Stuff

nhlapc

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Notification Drawer Stuff

Traded-in the Maxx HD for the S4. Transition not too bad thus far. Still un-rooted though managed to reconnect with several email accounts (inlcuding iCloud and ActiveSync, each a bit quirky on the Maxx) and fixed an issue with Go Backup. Still working on the fact that SplashID doesn't see the backup made on the Maxx as the S4 uses a different folder name for the SD Card (<extSdCard>).

2 issues I'm having with the notification drawer --
1. Geesh, there's a heap of space being eaten-up by the "ongoing" notifications. This seems like quite a waste and is forcing my more important email and other notifications to the bottom and below the screen. Do I really need to know all-day that my battery is fully charged and that my Wi-Fi is turned off? I've not seen a good way to re-organize this if at all; and

2. The notifications don't update. As I work at the office and my emails are marked read, they are not removed from the notification window as they were on the Maxx. Hence, each new notification comes with all of the old ones as well, even if I've deleted the email from my Inbox on the desktop. If the device is actively pushing, shouldn't it know that these emails aren't there any longer? At the end of the day, I still have several hundred items in the ActiveSync notification. Obviously, tapping it once, they all go away, though still doesn't seem right.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

JQRS

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate the constant wifi notification as well. Long pressing the notification and selecting force close will stop it, but a reboot will make it return.

Posted via Android Central App