9930 to S4 - Data Transfer, KB, App Questions

mushie143

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi- I just ordered my S4 and have a few questions...

What is the best way to move my BB Contacts (google?) Calendar, Memos & Tasks from my BB to the S4?

Does anyone use a Bluetooth Keyboard with their S4? Which one? Pros? Cons?

What are your must have apps?
Anything else I need to know :)
TIA

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi- I just ordered my S4 and have a few questions...

What is the best way to move my BB Contacts (google?) Calendar, Memos & Tasks from my BB to the S4?

Does anyone use a Bluetooth Keyboard with their S4? Which one? Pros? Cons?

What are your must have apps?
Anything else I need to know :)
TIA

Back when I switched, I used the Google Sync app, but I believe that's been discontinued. If possible, I'd try to make sure your BB contacts and calendar are synced with your Google account, that will be the easiest way access them on your new phone.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The best way is probably to export your contacts to a format that you can import to Google Contacts. I am not sure the best way to export them from a BB is though. Once you do, importing to Google Contacts via a PC should be quick and painless. Once they are on your PC, they will then show up on your phone when you log in with your Google account.

For apps, everyone's taste varies. So many options though, keep in mind you can customize pretty much everything to your liking. A few I like:
- Swiftkey Keyboard (app, not a BT one like your question :) . Awesome predictions and ease of use. Quite a time saver.
- Plume (if you use Twitter)
- Pocket (Used to be called "Read it Later"). Used to save articles from anywhere (phone, PC, tablet, x-platform) to a nice viewable mobile experience. Good Chrome extension too if you use Chrome Browser on your PC
- The normal cross platform social apps are pretty good (Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc). Google + is great on Android, as is Hangouts
- I use some apps that help with home automation/monitoring as well that I love, but may not pertain to you. Wemo (to turn lights on and off), Nest (thermostat control), IP Cam View Pro (remote viewing of cameras).

There are countless others. Good luck !