Alarm not working all the time after getting KitKat??

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I rely on my phone as my alarm as many of you do but ive noticed that ever since i updated my S4 to kitkat the other day, the alarm doesnt go off when it suppose to. Luckily, today i got up when i was suppose to otherwise i'd be late. Anyone else experienced this issue and any way to completely fix it? I even deleted all my alarm setting and re-entered them. deleted the cache files/etc and that still didnt resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My alarms work fine after updating. Not sure what could be the issue, sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do alarms work if you set them within a minute or two or three for testing? Every time?

Posted via Android Central App

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do alarms work if you set them within a minute or two or three for testing? Every time?

I havent set it within a minute or 2 of each other and i notice that the alarm works more towards 6 am vs around 5 am. I havent set the alarm any later than that though. THinking about looking for some 3rd party alarm apps if I cant figure anything out.

Thanks

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update, ive notice this notification on my phone. Notice that it says select to cancel. I select it and it and that is when it opens the alarm and it goes off....strange It this a bug or just my user error somehow?

2014-05-03 13.51.56.jpg

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do a screenshot of the alarm configuration to see if that reveals anything.

What I was meaning is have you done a new alarm and tested it by setting it 2 minutes later to see if it goes off. Then try another set for say 5 minutes later. Then an hour. If all those work. I would say it is configured on that one alarm.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I set a total of 3 sometimes 4 different alarms for different days of the week. Its not the same alarm throughout the week. But i think I may have figured it out. I like to set my alarm to "briefing content" so that it will tell me news. I set a test alarm withouth "briefing content" enable and the alarm goes off every single time. I think the issue is solved but I will have to give up my phone telling me my morning news. Thanks for your help!

Do a screenshot of the alarm configuration to see if that reveals anything.

What I was meaning is have you done a new alarm and tested it by setting it 2 minutes later to see if it goes off. Then try another set for say 5 minutes later. Then an hour. If all those work. I would say it is configured on that one alarm.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
My 'go to work' alarm didn't go off for the first time since I set it up. I've done several tests and then all work. They were all short term settings while this is a M-F set as a weekly alarm. Noticed it didn't sound off about 10 minutes after it should have. I was on the phone when it was suppose to go off. It will always leave the screen to dismiss it but this time it didn't.

I reset it by changing the time, saving it and then setting it back to the correct time and saving it. We'll see if it works for tomorrow.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I reset the alarm to 1 minute earlier and saved it. Then I reset it back to the correct time and saved it. The alarm work now. I guess any alarm that was set to go off weekly needed to be reset and saved for it to work properly. All the other alarms that I tested worked fine. It was only this one that had been setup quite a while ago that didn't work properly.

eatsleeplaxsoccer

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Are you all running kit kat? do you still have the option to do a 'briefing' alarm, but it just doesn't work reliably?
My Galaxy S4 active just got kit kat and no longer has the briefing option.
however, my briefing alarms which were already created still work but are uneditable (app crashes).
quite a bummer this briefing alarm is gone, it was pretty damn cool

alpha juliet

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
hi if ur alarm is not working on kitkat 4.4.2 then go to clock app and select settings ....and check the Home time zone should be set to your specific time zone that caused my alarm to not work....cause it was not set...due to something ...