How do I turn on Cloud Sync?

Julie Diane

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. My contacts from Google were synced with my phone. If I add a contact to my phone and use Google it doesn't sync with the account. I added all my contacts to the Verizon Cloud website. I was going to try and sync them, but when I click on the Cloud app under Accounts it says Sync is turned off, the Sync Now button is grayed out, and there seems to be no way to change this. If I ever leave Android, I would like to be able to sync my contacts, not have to enter all of them manually. That's a pain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In order for you to sync your contacts with your Google account, you need to make sure that contact is associated with your Google account, and not with the "Phone account" or a Verizon Cloud account. So when you're entering a new contact, look at the top of the contact card and make sure it shows your Google account. Phone account or Verizon Cloud account contacts won't sync directly with Google (which is why I always recommend against using the Phone account).