Verizon's CPO

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have a question about Verizon's CPO program.
Anyone have any good or bad experiences with them and also does it count as your upgrade?

I'm having trouble with my Original Moto Droid but am 3 months from my NE2 discount. I don't want to spend $299 for the Droid Charge but don't know if I can wait for Nov to get a Nexus Prime or Vigor.
Verizons website is advertising the Charge CPO for $169.99

Any opinions?

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are getting a phone at a discounted price, whether it is new or pre-owned, it will count as an upgrade and extend your contract. If you buy off-contract, such as from a friend, Ebay, Craigslist, full price from Verizon, etc. it will not extend your contract nor push back your upgrade date.

Traprock

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I'm going to head into a verizon store and see if they'll exchange it for another original droid for now. Charge looks like a nice phone though, but I know the price has to drop soon. No way I'd use an early upgrade on it.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
it's a good deal, comes like brand new, what they do, when people trade in their phones for new ones, they take the old phone, send it to the warehouse, then it gets sent to the manufactuer and refurbished ((full system wipe, software gets re-installed, you name it)

and then they sell it.