which phone to get

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
what is the best phone out? i dont know if i will like the bionic, i have a x2 and i dont like blur and how locked it is. i am leaning towards the thunderbolt.

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
what is the best phone out? i dont know if i will like the bionic, i have a x2 and i dont like blur and how locked it is. i am leaning towards the thunderbolt.
If you do have 4G in your area, id go with the tbolt or charge since you don't like blur. If you don't havr 4G or just don't care about it, id go with the Incredible 2. The inc2 has the same processor as the tbolt and from my experience the battery is awesome. Hope this helps you out

Droosh

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just remove the BLUR and bloat?

Verison is replacing my X with an X2 this week, and that is my plan.

Motorola had committed to unlocking all bootloaders in November, however, I expect our CM build to be released before then anyway.

I plan to get the Prime for what it's worth.

Sent using CM4DX

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

If you live in a 3G or edge of 4G coverage I would recommend Thunderbolt. It's the only phone that has simultaneous voice and 3G data. The HTC Vigor might not have that and it's replacing Thunderbolt in VZW's lineup. No rumors that any of the up coming phones will have that ability.

Battery life was improved by MR2, but not to the extent that the leaked GB RUUs have. I still use extended battery, but I'm getting 30+ hours.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the only phone that has simultaneous voice and 3G data. The HTC Vigor might not have that and it's replacing Thunderbolt in VZW's lineup.

I think it would be a pretty safe bet that the Vigor will have this capability as well. My logic is that it is the Qualcomm chipset that makes this possible by running the data on EVDO and the voice over SVDO. 3G data and 1x voice. Pretty tricky. And to take that one step further, seeing how Qualcomm is an equity investor in HTC, it only makes "Sense" that they will be making the chipset...

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be a pretty safe bet that the Vigor will have this capability as well. My logic is that it is the Qualcomm chipset that makes this possible by running the data on EVDO and the voice over SVDO. 3G data and 1x voice. Pretty tricky. And to take that one step further, seeing how Qualcomm is an equity investor in HTC, it only makes "Sense" that they will be making the chipset...

Qualcomm also has LTE chips without 1x voice. I have no doubt HTC will use Qualcomm chipsets, but HTC could go with cheaper LTE only chip in the Vigor. We know it will be CDMA + LTE.... Beyond that we know nothing of its radio setup. With the Thunderbolt having highest component cost of released cell phones. I would be surprised if HTC wasn't looking to cut costs. Cheaper modem would be easy. Especially as neither HTC or VZW have advertised Thunderbolt's simlitanous 3G data and voice. Why are have failed to point that out? If there is no true replacement is one possible reason. Styling wise the Vigor looks like DINC/DINC2 more than Thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
They didn't advertise it because they really weren't sure how well it would work. The TBolt radio was a "Beta" in a sense. I see no reason why they would take a step back by using an inferior radio chipset. If they are touting it as the TBolt replacement, I would expect same if not better in every category, not a downgrade...

And seeing how QualComm is an equity investor in HTC, it seems QualComm would give them the good stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Qualcomm doesn't give away products it sells them. Margins are thin in mobile space. If VZW wants it to be cheaper HTC will find ways to do it. Buying cheaper chips from Qualcomm is one way to do it. Not every thing about Vigor will be an upgrade... no kickstand. Not every replacement is an upgrade.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87