Verizon Google Voice Integration vs. Sprint

fadydizzle

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a current Sprint subscriber that has Google Voice. I integrated the two so that my Sprint number is my GV #. Now, I send and receive text messages from GV's website and phone and am a happy camper. It handles voicemails too but my question relates strictly to texts.

I want to switch to Verizon, breaking my Sprint and GV integration and taking my Sprint # to Verizon. Once I do that, can I link my Verizon and GV (I don't have an old GV#) and then continue to text from the GV website? I don't care to save money, I'll have an unlimited text plan, I just want it for convenience (typing on the website instead of on the phone, especially when battery dies).

How will this work? Will I need a separate GV # and then people will get my texts from a different #? If so, will their replies come to my phone like they do now with Sprint? Seems like I'm getting all kinds of answers from everywhere I pose this question, thanks for your help.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
What u want to do is port your phone number to Google voice. Maybe buy a prepaid phone for a few days just to get through.
If cost is not an issue get the unlimited calling plan. No texts and at least the 4gig for 30 buck data plan.
Download the Google voice app. In the app settings tell it to use Google voice for all calls. Then anytime you hit an option to text and it asks you which app to use always use Google voice. hide your text app. Have Verizon block texts so u don't get charged.

Now u have unlimited texts, unlimited calling and everyone can keep calling and texting the number they already know. Also all of your outbound calls and texts show that number.

But you must set up the voicemail using the PC interface, the app will not do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
One more thing. This eliminates picture messages. So you would have to use Google plus or email to send pics. That is really the only drawback and Google voice is working on getting pictures going.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk