Future Verizon Phones - Unlimited Offer?

Suic1d3

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So I know that June 28th is just about the last day to save your unlimited data. I'm considering buying the S3 right now to make sure of it. I'm disappointed though that the Verizon version only has a dual-core processor.

However, I'm wondering if anybody knows whether or not new phones getting released might have the same offer for upgrading with unlimited data for the $30. Since the rest of the year should see phones released with NVIDIA's quad-core processors, I wouldn't mind waiting for the end of the year/black Friday/etc to get a new phone as long as I can have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Thanks

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I know that June 28th is just about the last day to save your unlimited data. I'm considering buying the S3 right now to make sure of it. I'm disappointed though that the Verizon version only has a dual-core processor.

However, I'm wondering if anybody knows whether or not new phones getting released might have the same offer for upgrading with unlimited data for the $30. Since the rest of the year should see phones released with NVIDIA's quad-core processors, I wouldn't mind waiting for the end of the year/black Friday/etc to get a new phone as long as I can have a grandfathered unlimited data plan.

Thanks

First - All the US versions of the SG3 have the dual core, not just Verizon's

Second - Unlimited data is dead. I highly doubt they will be offering any kind of unlimited plan in the forseeable future.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
According to Verizon you can keep your unlimited plan forever. But only if you never change your plan, sign a new contract, and or get a phone subsidized. So as long as your willing to pay $600+ for the newest phones you'll be fine, at least until next year when they do away with that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Suic1d3

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
According to Verizon you can keep your unlimited plan forever. But only if you never change your plan, sign a new contract, and or get a phone subsidized. So as long as your willing to pay $600+ for the newest phones you'll be fine, at least until next year when they do away with that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So the full price unlimited data offer is only going to last throughout the year? And then what?

And I guess that means I'm going to buy the S3 before it's too late!

Last edited:

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So the full price unlimited data offer is only going to last throughout the year? And then what?

And I guess that means I'm going to buy the S3 before it's too late!

Chubb was being sarcastic. Verizon has not announced getting rid of Unlimited entirely. As of now, as long as you pay full retail or provide your own phone, you keep it. Which will be good for you when you want to get all these quad-core phones that are out there. Which ones have they announced?

Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

..because the current quad-core processors perform so much better than the Snapdragon S4.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

After Share Everything launches, the only way to get new phones without losing you unlimited data plan is to not upgrade/renew with Verizon.

I really don't know how much more hammering that fact needs.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
After Share Everything launches, the only way to get new phones without losing you unlimited data plan is to not upgrade/renew with Verizon.

I really don't know how much more hammering that fact needs.

I agree, I wish this question would stop being asked.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure any of this really matters, I would be very surprised if this time next year the big discussion is about Verizon throttling (traffic optimization) their LTE network. Spectrum is limited, its not just a matter of building a bunch more towers. Of course they could do like Sprint and just keep everything unlimited so that the network stinks for everyone almost everywhere.