Did verizon just expand 4g

dmchenry35

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Sitting in my car on the way home and my 4G indicator gets turned on.

Downloaded the ac forums all in under 2 seconds with it to make this post And test it out.

Anyone know about this. Location east Liverpool ohio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Sitting in my car on the way home and my 4G indicator gets turned on.

Downloaded the ac forums all in under 2 seconds with it to make this post And test it out.

Anyone know about this. Location east Liverpool ohio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

They are turning it on in a lot of areas that they are not advertising. We've had it here in Palestine TX for over a month, and they have already posted an update to new service areas and we were not listed as having it.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3

dmchenry35

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
They took it away as fast as it was there. Pretty sure it was legit 4G and not a phone screw up as I was able to do a bandwidth test and download 6MB+ apps in mere seconds.

Kinda excited we maybe getting it soon, usually this hilljack town is the last to get anything good like that.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Very likely they are testing prior to actual fire-up. And if this holds with the pattern I have seen, you should see it on and stay on anywhere from 4 weeks to 1 week ahead of an "official" announcement.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've also seen this in a number of places where they turn it on and off for testing or whatever. Good news is it shouldn't be much longer for you.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is constantly expanding and upgrading their exiting LTE service. We have had LTE in our area for over a year, speeds keep getting better all the time. Doubt this will continue with all the iPhone 5s that will joining the network, but at least they seem to be spending a lot to keep building the network.