1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did verizon just expand 4g

Sitting in my car on the way home and my 4G indicator gets turned on.

Downloaded the ac forums all in under 2 seconds with it to make this post And test it out.

Anyone know about this. Location east Liverpool ohio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did verizon just expand 4g-uploadfromtaptalk1343857759768.jpg  

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Default Re: Did verizon just expand 4g

Northeast of Atlanta Georgia. They just turned it on today.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmchenry35 View Post
    Sitting in my car on the way home and my 4G indicator gets turned on.

Downloaded the ac forums all in under 2 seconds with it to make this post And test it out.

Anyone know about this. Location east Liverpool ohio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    They are turning it on in a lot of areas that they are not advertising. We've had it here in Palestine TX for over a month, and they have already posted an update to new service areas and we were not listed as having it.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

They took it away as fast as it was there. Pretty sure it was legit 4G and not a phone screw up as I was able to do a bandwidth test and download 6MB+ apps in mere seconds.

Kinda excited we maybe getting it soon, usually this hilljack town is the last to get anything good like that.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Very likely they are testing prior to actual fire-up. And if this holds with the pattern I have seen, you should see it on and stay on anywhere from 4 weeks to 1 week ahead of an "official" announcement.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Was kinda hoping this would be up and running full time by now, but its still not.

Hopefully soon though!

I've also seen this in a number of places where they turn it on and off for testing or whatever. Good news is it shouldn't be much longer for you.

Verizon is constantly expanding and upgrading their exiting LTE service. We have had LTE in our area for over a year, speeds keep getting better all the time. Doubt this will continue with all the iPhone 5s that will joining the network, but at least they seem to be spending a lot to keep building the network.