how are you doing on Share Everything data usage?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering switching to Share Everything from Unlimited (of which my high use has been just over 500mb's). For those of you who have it and are NOT power users, how are you doing with sticking within the 2-4G range IF you have a tablet and a phone?

If I have it figured right 4G's would give me just over 8 hours per month which doesn't seem like much. I don't stream and have a home network that I'm usually on but I would like to expand this to using my tablet more often away from my home network.

Thanks
Deb

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I tend to be in the 3-5 GB range most months. That's with significant tethering to my laptop and doing some streaming. If you're only using 500mb/month on your phone by itself, I wouldn't imagine you would use high amounts of data on your tablet unless you do video/audio streaming.

It sounds like you would be fine starting with a 2GB plan a couple of months later. If you find yourself burning too much data, you can always increase your data plan retroactive to the beginning of the billing cycle or cut your usage down to avoid excessive overage fees.

I've found the My Data Manager appliation to be really useful when analyzing my data usage.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
500mb of data.lol which phone you have? Droid eris? Using feature phones data usage is not a accurate /educated way to measure your usage habit when considering share everything scam.

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering switching to Share Everything from Unlimited (of which my high use has been just over 500mb's). For those of you who have it and are NOT power users, how are you doing with sticking within the 2-4G range IF you have a tablet and a phone?

If I have it figured right 4G's would give me just over 8 hours per month which doesn't seem like much. I don't stream and have a home network that I'm usually on but I would like to expand this to using my tablet more often away from my home network.

Thanks
Deb

I am a semi power user but am pretty careful to use wifi when available, but so far for this month (about 8 days left in the cycle) we are just over 4 GB for my phone, my iPad, my jetpack, and two iPhones for my wife and son.

I went with a 10 GB plan and now am pretty sure I overestimated considerably.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I am a semi power user but am pretty careful to use wifi when available, but so far for this month (about 8 days left in the cycle) we are just over 4 GB for my phone, my iPad, my jetpack, and two iPhones for my wife and son.

I went with a 10 GB plan and now am pretty sure I overestimated considerably.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, How much was the 10 Gig plan?

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
500mb of data.lol which phone you have? Droid eris? Using feature phones data usage is not a accurate /educated way to measure your usage habit when considering share everything scam.

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

I know plenty of people with good 3g and 4g Android phones who use between 300 mb to 1 gb of data each month.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Grandparents dont count

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Good thing because I wasn't talking about grandparents, feature phone users, donkeys, cavemen, or anyone else like that. I was talking about everyday 3G and 4G smartphone users. Some of them are ubertech geeks who live on their smartphones. Unless you are streaming like crazy your usage will not be that high.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good thing because I wasn't talking about grandparents, feature phone users, donkeys, cavemen, or anyone else like that. I was talking about everyday 3G and 4G smartphone users. Some of them are ubertech geeks who live on their smartphones. Unless you are streaming like crazy your usage will not be that high.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

True, I usually use about a GB per month on a RAZR Maxx because I check sports scores or Android Central. I'd much rather watch Netflix shows at home on my big screen television. I've tried to watch shows on my tablet and phone but the experience is ruined no matter the show or movie. But maybe I'm just overly picky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Wow. I use my phone all the time and have only gone over a gig once.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6 gig my smartphone and the jetpack. Use that for my laptop and my wifi tablet. Most I used prior was 4gig. So 6 gig is fine for me. I use wifi sometimes at work. This is my first month on the new plan and was under. I am keeping the 6 gig tho. Safety net for me

sent from my Rezound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38