Contract ending question?

richdroidx

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines with vzw. A smartphone and a tablet. The contract is ending on my newer tablet oct 3 next week. I also have an upgrade avail on this same line. My smartphone line ends oct 2013. Can i keep my tablet line and end the smartphone line (transfer the ending contract)without penalties? Thinking of jumping ship

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
No. The contract for the smartphone requires that you atleast keep the voice plan. You can drop data and texting if you switch to regular phone but I would just pay the ETF if you want out so bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines with vzw. A smartphone and a tablet. The contract is ending on my newer tablet oct 3 next week. I also have an upgrade avail on this same line. My smartphone line ends oct 2013. Can i keep my tablet line and end the smartphone line (transfer the ending contract)without penalties? Thinking of jumping ship

I think I understand what he's asking. He doesn't want to switch the smartphone plan to the tablet or vice versa.

He has 2 lines.

Line A is a smartphone and has a contract that ends after October 3--lets say sometime in 2013 with a $100 ETF hypothetically
It also has the phone number that he's had for years and the one that he may want to port over to another carrier.

Line B is a tablet with a contract the expires October 3rd.

He's asking if Verizon will allow him to transfer the contract from Line B to Line A so so that after 10/3, he can leave free and clear.
His tablet would assume the contract of Line A

To answer the question, the answer is No. Verizon won't allow the contracts of any two lines to be switched. On a related note, even if you transfer an upgrade from 1 line to another, it is still the contract of the line that had the upgrade originally that is extended.

However, as with life, rules can be broken if you get the right person, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would also be willing to bet that you spend more money on Line A than on Line B, so from a strictly business perspective, Verizon would want to keep you under contract on that line for as long as possible.

Regardless, I hope it works out for you and I may be completely off base with my interpretation of your question, since I, unlike most, thought the Cubs actually had a chance this year.

nerdyessence

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Question, does the Verizon smartphone have the unlimited data package with it? If so, I'd be willing to assume responsibility of that number if you still no longer wan the contract with Verizon.