Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Wink Re: What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

I'm at 352 GB and my plan doesn't cycle out until tomorrow night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-data-use.jpg  

ROM
    JB

Default Re: What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

I normally use between 5-8 gbs a month. Man I thought i used alot of data...boy was I wrong

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Default What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

Quote Originally Posted by InLosoya View Post
    I'm at 352 GB and my plan doesn't cycle out until tomorrow night.
    How in the HECK can you burn thru that much data in less than 30 days??? I have been watching Netflix non stop and am barely over 30gb!!!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    How in the HECK can you burn thru that much data in less than 30 days??? I have been watching Netflix non stop and am barely over 30gb!!!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
    It's a lot easier than you might think. I stream video/music no less than 12 hours a day every day of the month!
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!

Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    It's a lot easier than you might think. I stream video/music no less than 12 hours a day every day of the month!
    I live out in the country where there are no broadband providers, so my my phone is my hotspot for my whole house (1 desktop, 1 netbook, 1 BluRay player w/streaming, 1 xbox360, 1 DVR and 4 iPads). This cycle is the most I've ever used and it's because I was downloading some VERY large bit torrents. Typically over the last year I'm at 95 - 120 GB each month.

I found this thread because I started wondering what the most was once I realized how high my own use was at already.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by InLosoya View Post
    I live out in the country where there are no broadband providers, so my my phone is my hotspot for my whole house (1 desktop, 1 netbook, 1 BluRay player w/streaming, 1 xbox360, 1 DVR and 4 iPads). This cycle is the most I've ever used and it's because I was downloading some VERY large bit torrents. Typically over the last year I'm at 95 - 120 GB each month.

I found this thread because I started wondering what the most was once I realized how high my own use was at already.

Rest assured that your usage is about par for the course for those with unlimited data plans.

Wow, that's low compared to what I got charged with this month. I went over my plans 300MB and I only use a couple of apps, Swift Key and Jewels Star game. I don't stream video or music either. I can't figure out how a basic email could be 13228 KB with no attachments or inline pictures or URL's. My average usage for the past 6 months is about 4 MB/mo and now all of the sudden it's over 300! AT&T was of no help at all!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLR View Post
    Wow, that's low compared to what I got charged with this month. I went over my plans 300MB and I only use a couple of apps, Swift Key and Jewels Star game. I don't stream video or music either. I can't figure out how a basic email could be 13228 KB with no attachments or inline pictures or URL's. My average usage for the past 6 months is about 4 MB/mo and now all of the sudden it's over 300! AT&T was of no help at all!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into?
    1st things 1st.... A 13228 KB email is 12 Megabytes! That's not a basic email. If that was 1 email there was most definitely an attachment or 2. If that's what was used for the entire month, a few pictures emailed to you would do that easily. An average 8 megapixel pic shot with my Galaxy Note II is 2.7 MB. As for figuring out what's using your data, go to Settings > Data usage and then scroll down the list to see what's using it. If you haven't already done so, change the reporting period to whatever your billing cycle is so it'll be closer to what AT&T says for the same period. You can restrict data so that email, etc. only syncs when on wi-fi to keep the overage from happening again. Have you installed any new programs recently?
    What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-screenshot_2013-01-26-15-15-25.png

Global Posts
    1,666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a Thunderbolt (4G phone), and I spent 5 days in Florida earlier this month. I have all of my photos synchronizing to both Google+ (reduced quality) and Dropbox (full quality), and I took a lot of photos. No WiFi the entire trip, but pretty good 4G coverage (except it would drop from time to time).

I left it uploading one night, not realizing that it was trying to upload a 5-minute 720p video I had taken, and failing for some reason - probably just too big. Woke up the next morning and my phone was hot to the touch, and had burned through 1+GB overnight trying to upload that damned video.

Normally, I struggle to break 1GB of usage. Last month, I sailed past 4GB easily (I take a lot of pictures, what can I say, the camera on the Thunderbolt is awesome), and if I had been in Florida the whole month I'd have finally had a use for this unlimited plan.

Back in September/October I wanted to see how much data I could use in one month. I ran across this thread today and figured I'd share mine. I hit 110GB in September and figured I needed to step my game up for October. This is all 100% data used by my phone itself, absolutely no tethering or hot spotting of any kind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?-data-usage.png  
    Thanked by:
    Bond32 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by TwiZtedS View Post
    Back in September/October I wanted to see how much data I could use in one month. I ran across this thread today and figured I'd share mine. I hit 110GB in September and figured I needed to step my game up for October. This is all 100% data used by my phone itself, absolutely no tethering or hot spotting of any kind.
    Dude, you are my new data hero! I hit 400GB in January but that was a miracle.

2-4gb. I am on a shared plan and use a lot of Wi-Fi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my S3

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Wow that's the second most I've seen yet. Way to go lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Holy cow, you guys put me to shame.

I no longer have the unlimited plan, so I try to keep below the 1GB limit my wife and I have. Even when I had unlimited, though, I only ever got, at most, 750 MB.

What app are you using for sharing internet? I use Pdanet, but it sometime stops transfer data when i'm streaming video, which makes me to reload the page.

33 GB.

I'm on my way to using more because I've used 2 GB already and my bulling cycle started yesterday. I have a lot of free time at work so I'm always using SiriusXM, Hulu Plus and Netflix. This won't last for much longer and I'll be back to my 5 GB or less per month. Until then, I'll be having fun.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Here in the UK we have a network called 3 that gives its customers truly unlimited all you can eat data I used to be on this plan I was hitting about 5 to 6 gig hotspotting downloading etc but I know a guy from my university he was hitting 80 to 90 gig all on a 3g network.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    pblakk 

Quote Originally Posted by mysticmeg View Post
    Here in the UK we have a network called 3 that gives its customers truly unlimited all you can eat data I used to be on this plan I was hitting about 5 to 6 gig hotspotting downloading etc but I know a guy from my university he was hitting 80 to 90 gig all on a 3g network.

clearly he was downloading pirated movies??

from my DNA

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post

from my DNA
    Why does it have to be pirated? I downloaded 40+ GB in a month.. All legal. .

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Unless you were paying for the movies they were pirated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post

sure, like with netflix or whatever, which can use up to 2.3gb an hour of data for a single stream. Netflix does allow more than 1 concurrent stream. I have used around 700gb a month before, and no illegal activities like pirating or whatever.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post

from my DNA
    Actually thinking back he did say he was using his mobile connection as his main broadband internet for everything such as downloading torrents surfing the internet YouTube etc

People like this are why we lost unlimited. Some people have to take advantage of something and ruin it for others.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    People like this are why we lost unlimited. Some people have to take advantage of something and ruin it for others.

Posted via Android Central App
    No vzw greed is the reason tall lost unlimited lol. Sad but true.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post

...... No... Freaking... Kidding....

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast