What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I have WiFi at home and work. I've used 140 mb mobile data in a week and 1.37 gb WiFi in that same week. Most I've used in a month is 10 gb.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
and I thought I was a heavy Data user. it would literally take me every moment of my spare time to rack up some the numbers I see here, ignore my PS3, the NFL, the cats, and most of all, my wife. working 68 hours a week will do that for a guy, but obviously, you guys must have a LOT of time on your hands!! ;)

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
and I thought I was a heavy Data user. it would literally take me every moment of my spare time to rack up some the numbers I see here, ignore my PS3, the NFL, the cats, and most of all, my wife. working 68 hours a week will do that for a guy, but obviously, you guys must have a LOT of time on your hands!! ;)

You'd be amazed at how quickly you can run through data streaming movies/music. Knowing that I don't have to worry about how much I use is also part of the issue. I do things with my phone that I normally would have done with my PC/laptop. But LTE is so damn speedy that it makes it hard not to use it.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You'd be amazed at how quickly you can run through data streaming movies/music. Knowing that I don't have to worry about how much I use is also part of the issue. I do things with my phone that I normally would have done with my PC/laptop. But LTE is so damn speedy that it makes it hard not to use it.

makes sense...at my heaviest usage I bet I watched 100 of the 192 episodes of "24" on my Tbolt. I'm sure I burned through about 15gb a month back then.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I did 17gb last month and with my billing cycle ending on the 3rd, I'm at over 19gb this month so far.

Mostly Netflix...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just used a little over 1 Gig last month's billing cycle and I was trying to stream every darn thing just to get close to my 4 Gig limit and still only hit a gig and a half. Y'all are making me look bad lol *bows head in data usage shame*

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-12-29-13-36-26-1_zps4a5432c3.png

Have yet to turn on my Wi-Fi since getting my Note 2. Last day of my billing cycle so this is mine for this month.

LadyOfTheWord

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Sadly UScellular doesn't have unlimited data in my area, so I have the 2gig plan and use wifi at home and the office. That being said, it looks like I'll hit the 2gig mark on the dot this month just from using data when out and about.

The minute unlimited plans are available in my area I'll be streaming music all day at the office. *crosses fingers*

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 352 GB and my plan doesn't cycle out until tomorrow night.

How in the HECK can you burn thru that much data in less than 30 days??? I have been watching Netflix non stop and am barely over 30gb!!!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How in the HECK can you burn thru that much data in less than 30 days??? I have been watching Netflix non stop and am barely over 30gb!!!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

It's a lot easier than you might think. I stream video/music no less than 12 hours a day every day of the month!

InLosoya

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a lot easier than you might think. I stream video/music no less than 12 hours a day every day of the month!

I live out in the country where there are no broadband providers, so my my phone is my hotspot for my whole house (1 desktop, 1 netbook, 1 BluRay player w/streaming, 1 xbox360, 1 DVR and 4 iPads). This cycle is the most I've ever used and it's because I was downloading some VERY large bit torrents. Typically over the last year I'm at 95 - 120 GB each month.

I found this thread because I started wondering what the most was once I realized how high my own use was at already.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I live out in the country where there are no broadband providers, so my my phone is my hotspot for my whole house (1 desktop, 1 netbook, 1 BluRay player w/streaming, 1 xbox360, 1 DVR and 4 iPads). This cycle is the most I've ever used and it's because I was downloading some VERY large bit torrents. Typically over the last year I'm at 95 - 120 GB each month.

I found this thread because I started wondering what the most was once I realized how high my own use was at already.

Rest assured that your usage is about par for the course for those with unlimited data plans.

BrendaLR

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's low compared to what I got charged with this month. I went over my plans 300MB and I only use a couple of apps, Swift Key and Jewels Star game. I don't stream video or music either. I can't figure out how a basic email could be 13228 KB with no attachments or inline pictures or URL's. My average usage for the past 6 months is about 4 MB/mo and now all of the sudden it's over 300! AT&T was of no help at all!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that's low compared to what I got charged with this month. I went over my plans 300MB and I only use a couple of apps, Swift Key and Jewels Star game. I don't stream video or music either. I can't figure out how a basic email could be 13228 KB with no attachments or inline pictures or URL's. My average usage for the past 6 months is about 4 MB/mo and now all of the sudden it's over 300! AT&T was of no help at all!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into?

1st things 1st.... A 13228 KB email is 12 Megabytes! That's not a basic email. If that was 1 email there was most definitely an attachment or 2. If that's what was used for the entire month, a few pictures emailed to you would do that easily. An average 8 megapixel pic shot with my Galaxy Note II is 2.7 MB. As for figuring out what's using your data, go to Settings > Data usage and then scroll down the list to see what's using it. If you haven't already done so, change the reporting period to whatever your billing cycle is so it'll be closer to what AT&T says for the same period. You can restrict data so that email, etc. only syncs when on wi-fi to keep the overage from happening again. Have you installed any new programs recently?
Screenshot_2013-01-26-15-15-25.png

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Thunderbolt (4G phone), and I spent 5 days in Florida earlier this month. I have all of my photos synchronizing to both Google+ (reduced quality) and Dropbox (full quality), and I took a lot of photos. No WiFi the entire trip, but pretty good 4G coverage (except it would drop from time to time).

I left it uploading one night, not realizing that it was trying to upload a 5-minute 720p video I had taken, and failing for some reason - probably just too big. Woke up the next morning and my phone was hot to the touch, and had burned through 1+GB overnight trying to upload that damned video.

Normally, I struggle to break 1GB of usage. Last month, I sailed past 4GB easily (I take a lot of pictures, what can I say, the camera on the Thunderbolt is awesome), and if I had been in Florida the whole month I'd have finally had a use for this unlimited plan. :)

TwiZtedS

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Back in September/October I wanted to see how much data I could use in one month. I ran across this thread today and figured I'd share mine. I hit 110GB in September and figured I needed to step my game up for October. This is all 100% data used by my phone itself, absolutely no tethering or hot spotting of any kind.

Attachments

• Data Usage.png
    Data Usage.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 63