No early upgrades?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there some other method of adding another line, and then transferring the old phone to a non-smart phone so I am not hit with another $40 per month bill?
Here is what I just did on my nationwide talk and text family plan (which is NOT a share everything plan). I have 2 unlimited data lines on this plan. I added a 3rd line to the plan over the phone and bought an iPhone 5 (not for me!) at the subsidized price for the new line. I selected the 2GB data plan for the new line. The phone was shipped and I activated the iPhone 5 on the new line. Online I then activated a dumbphone on the new line and selected pay per use as the data plan so the cost of the new line is now $10/mo + taxes and fees, which were I live comes to $13/mo.

I then went into a Verizon store and told them I wanted a new SIM card for the iPhone 5 because I wanted to use it on one of my unlimited lines. The guy put a new SIM in the iPhone 5 and activated it on my unlimited data line.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I just did on my nationwide talk and text family plan (which is NOT a share everything plan). I have 2 unlimited data lines on this plan. I added a 3rd line to the plan over the phone and bought an iPhone 5 (not for me!) at the subsidized price for the new line. I selected the 2GB data plan for the new line. The phone was shipped and I activated the iPhone 5 on the new line. Online I then activated a dumbphone on the new line and selected pay per use as the data plan so the cost of the new line is now $10/mo + taxes and fees, which were I live comes to $13/mo.

I then went into a Verizon store and told them I wanted a new SIM card for the iPhone 5 because I wanted to use it on one of my unlimited lines. The guy put a new SIM in the iPhone 5 and activated it on my unlimited data line.

You bring up a good point... I'm on a shared plan which makes it harder. My only option that I can think of is to add another line for several months. I guess it comes down to, how much do I want that new phone?? I'll have to call to exhaust all avenues before I add another line; but in the end, I think I'll add one if I have to. It would suck though since I'm paying for a working device already... Grumble...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I hear you. I was in a corporate store yesterday. My upgrade date is March 2. Ten days early. I had cash in hand. The associate wouldn't budge.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Corporate stores have zero authority to make changes contracts unless first approved by National Customer server, who has the ability to do so. National Customer service if they are willing can do it, or make it so you can do it in a corporate store, but usually only in extreme cases.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, Verizon sent my another Nexus but this one only lasted 5 days. This one actually stopped working! It began by cutting in and out of my phone conversations, then it started spontaneously rebooting. Now, I get zero sound out of the earpiece when placing calls. Alarms seem to work though.
So, I called Verizon and after all was said and done, they would not do an early upgrade, BUT they allowed me to get a Samsung Galaxy SIII. I am happy with that. This fell under my insurance and thus I am still allowed to upgrade in December which is nice. By then there will probably be a Galaxy Note 3 out and about, so I'll be able to grab one then. Overall, I am just happy they allowed me to change models of phones.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty