Verizon has begun "Corporate Discount Validation"

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I logged into My Verizon and was prompted to attach a pay stub or use a corporate e-mail address in order to keep my discount. Just a heads up for everyone!

Note: Check stub must be within a 60 day period from the date of submission. Not all accounts have gotten this notice yet as I have noticed my dad didn't receive one.

From my Verizon Validation Status Screen:

"Your employment validation is not complete. Refer to the Recent Submissions section below for more information. Please complete your employment validation by 06/09/2013."

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I logged into My Verizon and was prompted to attach a pay stub or use a corporate e-mail address in order to keep my discount. Just a heads up for everyone!

Was this the first time you'd had to do this or a re-check type of thing? I had to provide proof when setting up my account.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Was this the first time you'd had to do this or a re-check type of thing? I had to provide proof when setting up my account.

This is my second time doing so. The check stub must be within 60 days for verification. My dad did not get a prompt to update but I did and it's been said Verizon will be doing this in May of 2013. I initially validated back in 2008 when I joined Verizon and had to do it again today.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon rep that they were going to do this every 6 months.

This would make sense. Verizon is wise for doing this because it will increase their profits without raising their actual prices. As a consumer I'm against this but from a corporate standpoint its understandable. I'm still eligible for a discount so I'm not worried but in terms of the job world we never know where we will be tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This would make sense. Verizon is wise for doing this because it will increase their profits without raising their actual prices. As a consumer I'm against this but from a corporate standpoint its understandable. I'm still eligible for a discount so I'm not worried but in terms of the job world we never know where we will be tomorrow.

They're the only one doing that.

As the second most expensive carrier, they can afford to let these people keep the discount

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

As the second most expensive carrier, they can afford to let these people keep the discount

But ask yourself this; why should Verizon allow us? I don't choose Verizon because I want to pay more. I do so knowing they invest into their network thus making the prices reasonable. I look at a discount as an additional bonus. I can't expect to keep it forever but I'm glad I have it.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I see this as no different than my monthly "Verizon Billing Validation". They have the right (and obligation) to verify that the discounts they are honoring are valid just as I do with my monthly bill. Anything else is a disservice to both Verizon and the partner company the discount was provided by.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, makes sense. My annoying coworker always brags that he still gets 20% off from his discount from a company he left 10 years ago. Maybe this will shut him up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are many things i don't like about Verizon, but this is not one of them. I have no problem with this. The employee discount is contingent on your continuing employment at a qualifying employer.

This is similar to getting a good driver discount for not having any accidents within a specified time frame. If you get an att fault accident, the insurance company would raise your rates

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It might not increase profits as much as they think. My account is already over-subscribed on the data plan by quite a bit. The expiration of my old employee discount is just going to encourage me to reevaluate my data package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like Verizon is just trying to make more money off of people. What's new?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like Verizon is just trying to make more money off of people. What's new?

Discounts are based on your continued employment by a company. This is no different than any other discount. Its been in the terms for a while and Verizon had been lenient about it in the past. Its really about time they started doing this.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Not really. They're making sure people that get a discount actually have a right to receive it.

This is actually a pretty important thing, because the level of discount a company gets is often based on the number of subscribers that are attached to said company. If a company or Verizon don't actually have an accurate number of people receiving the discount, that's an issue.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Responded to you in the other thread but will copy it here as well

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368405098532.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368405098532.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 87

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Responded to you in the other thread but will copy it here as well

No they don't unless they JUST started doing it.

Until may I was getting a discount since I quit auto zone back in '08

bergeronjc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Note: Check stub must be within a 60 day period from the date of submission. Not all accounts have gotten this notice yet as I have noticed my dad didn't receive one.

From my Verizon Validation Status Screen:

"Your employment validation is not complete. Refer to the Recent Submissions section below for more information. Please complete your employment validation by 06/09/2013."

That is because the company you work for signed a new contract with Verizon Wireless which stipulates that people getting corporate employee discounts must verify employment.

It is not a change across all corporate accounts nor can it be. It would null void every single contract which is not something they will do and it will create a mass exodus of companies away from Verizon Wireless due to unprofessional business practices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Still have the discount from them and I've been gone from that company for over 7 months. Try again

That is because the company you work for signed a new contract with Verizon Wireless which stipulates that people getting corporate employee discounts must verify employment.

It is not a change across all corporate accounts nor can it be. It would null void every single contract which is not something they will do and it will create a mass exodus of companies away from Verizon Wireless due to unprofessional business practices.

If you notify your carrier that your are no longer eligible for the discount, they'll be happy to remove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress