Thoughts on Verizon's "More Everything" Plan

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
They are using the More Everything to push people into leasing phones, which is exactly what the edge program is. It is only financially beneficial to one entity - Verizon Wireless.
If you pay the phone off, it is yours to keep. So it is really an interest free installment plan. They give you the bonus of being able to upgrade again after 30 days if you will pay off 50% of the phone's retail price.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
They are using the More Everything to push people into leasing phones, which is exactly what the edge program is. It is only financially beneficial to one entity - Verizon Wireless.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app
I completely agree!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

belle7478

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I will be leaving VZ for TMo as soon as my Moto X arrives. I put if off for a long time because I did not want to leave. When these new plans came out a few days ago, I was hopeful .But after checking them out, the price difference is still pretty staggering. I am an extremely light user and can't stand the thought of paying VZ $60 or $70 a month and not even using the phone. Though now that I will have a smartphone, I'll use a little more than before. I found a few local friends on TMo who were okay with the service (metro NY area, but one travels a lot throughout the Northeast). I don't travel much. If need be, I'll switch down the road, but I'll have saved quite a bit in the interim.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking it. With me and my gf having the 10gb share everything plan this discount is pretty much paying for both of our edge services

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I will be leaving VZ for TMo as soon as my Moto X arrives. I put if off for a long time because I did not want to leave. When these new plans came out a few days ago, I was hopeful .But after checking them out, the price difference is still pretty staggering. I am an extremely light user and can't stand the thought of paying VZ $60 or $70 a month and not even using the phone. Though now that I will have a smartphone, I'll use a little more than before. I found a few local friends on TMo who were okay with the service (metro NY area, but one travels a lot throughout the Northeast). I don't travel much. If need be, I'll switch down the road, but I'll have saved quite a bit in the interim.

Which plan on tmobile were you looking at? Since you are an extremely light user, either the $45 plan with unlimited talk and text and 250mb data or $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data might work for you. Both plans are substantially cheaper than T-Mobile once you consider the subsidy.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Which plan on tmobile were you looking at? Since you are an extremely light user, either the $45 plan with unlimited talk and text and 250mb data or $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data might work for you. Both plans are substantially cheaper than T-Mobile once you consider the subsidy.

I agree with dpham. If you barley use data the 45 a month plan from Verizon is a pretty dang good deal.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with dpham. If you barley use data the 45 a month plan from Verizon is a pretty dang good deal.

Just watch out for overage, it is $15 per 250mb

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Honestly one day if I ever didn't need mobile data as bad I'd definitely go with that plan. 45 a month for that coverage with unlimited talk and text.. Pretty good.

I am just to reliant on mobile data at the moment due to work mainly. I use it a ton there since the wifi we have can barley stream music (no joke). I'm sure T-Mobile notices my data rocket in usage on the weekdays and then the weekend it dives to nothing really since I'm at home / friends houses and use the wifi :p.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Honestly one day if I ever didn't need mobile data as bad I'd definitely go with that plan. 45 a month for that coverage with unlimited talk and text.. Pretty good.

I am just to reliant on mobile data at the moment due to work mainly. I use it a ton there since the wifi we have can barley stream music (no joke). I'm sure T-Mobile notices my data rocket in usage on the weekdays and then the weekend it dives to nothing really since I'm at home / friends houses and use the wifi :p.

That's exactly how my data usage looks to Verizon. Luckily I have unlimited though. :D

I want to switch to the 2 GB Loyalty Plan for $60 which would be much cheaper but at the cost of worrying about data limits? No thanks. If it was 6 GB for $60 I'd jump on it though!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly how my data usage looks to Verizon. Luckily I have unlimited though. :D

I want to switch to the 2 GB Loyalty Plan for $60 which would be much cheaper but at the cost of worrying about data limits? No thanks. If it was 6 GB for $60 I'd jump on it though!

Haha nice. Yeah I have unlimited to :) much needed for now!

Attachments

• 1392667082145.jpg
    1392667082145.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 18

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha nice. Yeah I have unlimited to :) much needed for now!

Unlimited Data sure is a nice feature. The only reason I'm not 100% happy with it is devices cost full retail now. :(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited Data sure is a nice feature. The only reason I'm not 100% happy with it is devices cost full retail now. :(

There are ways around it either transfer the upgrade to a non unlimited line, or upgrade through best buy online. There are detailed descriptions in this forum

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Great Info in this post......So my original reason for making this post was to get feedback on comparison of VZW in comparison to other carriers, namely Tmobile, because my daughter and her boyfriend were switching from VZW to Tmobile! Well, after a week of being on Tmobile, they are going to switch back to VZW tonight.....they said they were dropping and not receiving calls, messages, texts! They live in Phoenix which should have good coverage......

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Great Info in this post......So my original reason for making this post was to get feedback on comparison of VZW in comparison to other carriers, namely Tmobile, because my daughter and her boyfriend were switching from VZW to Tmobile! Well, after a week of being on Tmobile, they are going to switch back to VZW tonight.....they said they were dropping and not receiving calls, messages, texts! They live in Phoenix which should have good coverage......

Do you check the coverage maps? Also, GSM is more prone to losing text messages, dropping calls and the like compared to CDMA. When I was on AT&T almost five years ago I had a 3G messaging phone and I lost some text messages and had dropped calls. I had some coverage wherever I traveled though. Verizon now, I have never had a dropped call.

Posted via Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing people complaining about the cost of Verizon plans, when AT&T plans are pretty much the same cost. Not to mention Verizon has begun to double their bandwidth. Yes T-Mobile and Sprint are cheaper, but they have to do something to overcome lack luster networks to gain customers. The problem that people are failing to see is Verizon and AT&T don't have unlimited for a reason, because people are using the cellular network like it's a hard line when it was never meant to handle that kind of data usage. Unlimited worked when a small amount of the customer base had smart phones, but now that everyone does it bogs down the network. A slower network means more unhappy customers etc etc.

Big Red Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app

Just like every other company is pushing the same thing. In fact right now it is all T-Mobile offers. It's not leasing a phone either, it more of a payment plan. But every other company requires you trade in your device when you use their "Edge" like programs as well.

Big Red Note 3

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing people complaining about the cost of Verizon plans, when AT&T plans are pretty much the same cost. Not to mention Verizon has begun to double their bandwidth. Yes T-Mobile and Sprint are cheaper, but they have to do something to overcome lack luster networks to gain customers. The problem that people are failing to see is Verizon and AT&T don't have unlimited for a reason, because people are using the cellular network like it's a hard line when it was never meant to handle that kind of data usage. Unlimited worked when a small amount of the customer base had smart phones, but now that everyone does it bogs down the network. A slower network means more unhappy customers etc etc.

Big Red Note 3
I completely agree with everything you said!

Please don't bombard me for saying this, but it is completely true that all the things people have eliminated and now use their phones for is extreme and not right, using 20, 30 40 plus gigs of data per month. I honestly think it is ridiculous to use your phone to stream music ALL DAY long from your phone, and I know a lot of people who do it. I DO have unlimited data on my lines but I in no way abuse it. I do depend a great deal on my phone for business and use it for calls (novel idea), emails, to send and receive documents to and from clients, and look up properties (when I'm in the field) etc. I use around 3-4 gigs per month. Again, this is just my opinion!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you check the coverage maps? Also, GSM is more prone to losing text messages, dropping calls and the like compared to CDMA. When I was on AT&T almost five years ago I had a 3G messaging phone and I lost some text messages and had dropped calls. I had some coverage wherever I traveled though. Verizon now, I have never had a dropped call.

Posted via Android Central App
They said they did their research......the boyfriend is a total IT guy and said he checked into all aspects of Tmobile service. Unfortunately what you read isn't always what happens! They live in Phoenix AZ. which should be a very well covered area......they were missing calls and texts even when they were sitting right next to each other trying it!

They went back to Verizon last night and the funny thing is, Verizon took better care of them to come back, then while they were still with them! This is the one thing that irritates me about all big business these days (Cell Phones, Cable, Satellite, etc.) they don't reward loyal customers anymore, just new ones!

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with GregMargie on several points.

The people who are using into the triple figures of data each month - come on, your cell phone data connection is not supposed to be your sole internet connection. Additionally, I suspect a lot of people are using their smartphones to download tons of torrents. Message to parents of kids with smartphones - first of all, why does your kid have a smartphone? - you do realize that your kid can basically get on the internet and download whatever they want and watch it whenever, don't you?

Basically, when it comes to these mega-high users/abusers of data, if you actually need that much data, then you should have to pay a little more for it. I'm not sure what the appropriate price for that is, but anyway...I'm an unlimited data person on Verizon, but I rarely abuse it. I'm not sure I've ever broken 6 GB in a month.

That being said, Verizon and others are definitely licking their chops at charging as much as they can for data. I understand that they need to set some limits, but these piddly allotments they have set up with Share Everything are not future proof - heck, not even really any good now. Apps, streaming media, everything is trending upwards in terms of size. 3 GB of data will be nothing in a couple of years.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with GregMargie on several points.

The people who are using into the triple figures of data each month - come on, your cell phone data connection is not supposed to be your sole internet connection. Additionally, I suspect a lot of people are using their smartphones to download tons of torrents. Message to parents of kids with smartphones - first of all, why does your kid have a smartphone? - you do realize that your kid can basically get on the internet and download whatever they want and watch it whenever, don't you?

Basically, when it comes to these mega-high users/abusers of data, if you actually need that much data, then you should have to pay a little more for it. I'm not sure what the appropriate price for that is, but anyway...I'm an unlimited data person on Verizon, but I rarely abuse it. I'm not sure I've ever broken 6 GB in a month.

That being said, Verizon and others are definitely licking their chops at charging as much as they can for data. I understand that they need to set some limits, but these piddly allotments they have set up with Share Everything are not future proof - heck, not even really any good now. Apps, streaming media, everything is trending upwards in terms of size. 3 GB of data will be nothing in a couple of years.

I get your points but at the same time for those of us with unlimited.. Why not use it? This goes for anyone on any carrier with it. T-Mobile gives me unlimited so therefore I use it. I stream movies, music, etc... Why not? That's what they advertise on TV right? I've seen plenty of times comcast bragging about stream anywhere.. So I do.

I agree with the not using it as your sole connection. I use it as my data connection when not home for my uses.. And when home I use my comcast. TV / Internet... But me doing what they advertise and what they gave me (unlimited data) is not wrong.. And I shouldn't be penalized for it. No one criticizes someone for using 10k minutes in a month.. Or 50k text.. Why data?

As you can see below my usage is all real.. Not torrents (I don't do illegal things).. All legal, paid for, content.

Attachments

• 1392750815849.jpg
    1392750815849.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 1392750857986.jpg
    1392750857986.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 21

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member