Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By dpham00
  • 1 Post By Darth Spock
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I Am Allowed to Put an LTE Tablet on an UDP Line, right?

Just pop the SIM card out of the phone and put it in the LTE tablet and that is not a violation of Verizons TOS, right?

What happens to upgrades on the line?

Default Re: I Am Allowed to Put an LTE Tablet on an UDP Line, right?

Correct, Verizon allows you to use the sim in any compatible device, including tablets and hotspot. The line is still a smartphone line, you would be able to use the upgrade anytime but if you want to keep unlimited then you would have to use one of the loopholes

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Darth Spock and UJ95x like this.

Global Posts
    7,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Yes, that works.

Obviously ties up the phone line as the tablet probably doesn't have CDMA radios for voice calls, but no reason you couldn't swap between. Also, have to have an adapter if they're different sized SIM card slots, but that shouldn't be a show stopper by any means.

Global Posts
    7,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Also, this is under the assumption that the device IMEI is white listed (a verizon bought tablet or Nexus 7 2013 or one that has been registered as one of those two categories).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Also, this is under the assumption that the device IMEI is white listed (a verizon bought tablet or Nexus 7 2013 or one that has been registered as one of those two categories).
    yes, I was going to get an iPad LTE for my mom because she has UDP on her phone that she never uses much data and I will just get her a 2GB line and then her iPad can be on her UDP line. That way she can get rid of her home internet, which she only uses for the iPad to play games. I think it will be cheaper this way.

It is my understanding that any 4GLTE band 13 device should be able to operate on Verizon, regardless of approval, due to fcc requirements on band 13 . However, Verizon won't give you a sim if the device is not approved, but you can put a sim in if you have one.

Since only Verizon uses band 13, I don't think that there are any non verizon devices that contain band 13 besides the nexus 7 before it's approval

Global Posts
    7,433 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    It is my understanding that any 4GLTE band 13 device should be able to operate on Verizon, regardless of approval. However, Verizon won't give you a sim if the device is not approved, but you can put a sim in if you have one

Good call, thanks for clearing that up. I'm still thinking about the process for putting a new sim in a new tablet and forgot we're just sim swapping.
    UJ95x likes this.

Good call, thanks for clearing that up. I'm still thinking about the process for putting a new sim in a new tablet and forgot we're just sim swapping.
    I don't think that Verizon would give you a sim if you go to the store and want to activate a tablet on a smartphone UDP line. They will say that they can't do it. You can do it yourself by mowing sims of course.

Basically they are doing the absolute minimum to comply with the fcc requirements.

Just like before they would not give the guy with the nexus 7 a sim.