Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Is there a fee to switch phones?

My S3 is running like crap and I am trying to track down a used S4 to hold me over until the highly rumored Galaxy S5 Prime comes out. Anyway, can I just buy the S4, swap the SIM from my S3 and the S4 will work fine? Will Verizon charge anything since I switched my phone? Is there only a fee if you sign up for a new contract and get a new phone?

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there a fee to switch phones?

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    My S3 is running like crap and I am trying to track down a used S4 to hold me over until the highly rumored Galaxy S5 Prime comes out. Anyway, can I just buy the S4, swap the SIM from my S3 and the S4 will work fine? Will Verizon charge anything since I switched my phone? Is there only a fee if you sign up for a new contract and get a new phone?
    You are lucky because it is much easier to switch smartphones on Verizon with 4G LTE. YES, you can buy the S4 (I would do a factory reset just to make sure there isn't any leftover stuff from the previous owner), put in your S3 sim and your phone will instantly be on Verizon with your current phone number. No activation or change fees. Then, when you sign into your Google account it will ask if you want to load all your apps from your previous phone.

Default Re: Is there a fee to switch phones?

As said above, there is no fee to switch a phone. If you upgrade via subsidized pricing then there is a $30 upgrade fee. But if you buy the phone on edge, full retail, eBay, cl, Swappa, etc then there is no charge to switch phones

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3