Early Upgrade???

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I have read through the posts that I found by using the search function. My question is what I would think is a simple one, however I'm sure it won't be.
My NE2 is 11/18. At this point, I am fine with waiting as I'll be ordering a Droid X through letstalk.com for $79.99 in 9 days, so paying $299 now w/ a mail in rebate isn't gonna happen w/ only 9 days left...
My question is this though, I had gone into the Verizon store and also called into customer service several times in the past couple months to be told that I don't qualify for an early upgrade. The last time I went into a store the rep there told me that some people qualify for an early upgrade after a year and some don't and he couldn't / wouldn't tell me why some do and some don't.
Does it have to do with your monthly plan as to if you get an annual upgrade or not? I'm more or less looking to set up my plan so that I can qualify for an early annual upgrade after one year.
Thanks!

E_Brown

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
From what I have been told is that the Primary line on a plan that is $69.99 or higher gets a yearly upgrade, though I may be wrong. What I do, is for my phone (primary) get the regular contract, as i can upgrade after a year anyway. then for my wifes line, I buy the phone at a 1 year contract price. It is usually $120 more, but I feel that it is worth the price to upgrade both lines every year.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
In order to get an annual upgrade you need one of the Following:

Single Line:
Nationwide Talk and Text 450 or higher (so any plan that is 59.99 BEFORE features)

Family Line:
You MUST be the primary line.
Nationwide Talk and Text 700 or higher (your line MUST be at least $90 or higher BEFORE features)

Things like Data plans and text plans that arn't unlimited do not go towards your upgrade date. Neither to taxes.

Early upgrades mean you get normal 2 year pricing on a device, but pay a $20 early upgrade fee. This means that a Dx on an annual upgrade would be $220 not $199.

You can also choose to sign a one year contract. This is $70 more than normal corporate pricing. And you can't get phones from places like wirefly for anything approaching the prices they sell. 1 Year contracts arn't really profitable for retailers so typically corporate is the only one that offers them.

EDIT: You can read a more detailed post about it here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon/20566-unofficial-guide-verizon-contracts.html

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In order to get an annual upgrade you need one of the Following:

Single Line:
Nationwide Talk and Text 450 or higher (so any plan that is 59.99 BEFORE features)

Family Line:
You MUST be the primary line.
Nationwide Talk and Text 700 or higher (your line MUST be at least $90 or higher BEFORE features)

Things like Data plans and text plans that arn't unlimited do not go towards your upgrade date. Neither to taxes.

Early upgrades mean you get normal 2 year pricing on a device, but pay a $20 early upgrade fee. This means that a Dx on an annual upgrade would be $220 not $199.

You can also choose to sign a one year contract. This is $70 more than normal corporate pricing. And you can't get phones from places like wirefly for anything approaching the prices they sell. 1 Year contracts arn't really profitable for retailers so typically corporate is the only one that offers them.

EDIT: You can read a more detailed post about it here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon/20566-unofficial-guide-verizon-contracts.html
Thanks for your reply - seems that I changed our account from my wifes name to mine which threw off the dates, my govt rep was able to fix it for me but now I'm so close to my upgrade I'm just going to wait and upgrade next week through letstalk.com as I can get the X for $79.99 there versus the $299 and having to wait for my mail in rebate.
Thanks though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo