I spent $43 000 with verizon over the last 11 years, just cancelled everything

jasonjm

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
On both my phones the default email app would no longer get push email from exchange server, no matter what.

Had to manually check email each time.

Trust me I argued with samsung and Verizon for 10 hours, factory defaulted the phone, let samsung control the phones via their smart tutor, did everything they asked.

Their solution, why if we factory default the phone for a third time it will fix it. At that point I told them point blank I am leaving if they don't sent me a new phone with kitkat. They basically told me in a nutshell be careful the door doesn't hit my *** on the way out.

I have 55 lines at my company up for renewal end of this year, and you can bet I am going to make unreasonable demands.

Like I said in the first post, brilliant customer retention.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I just wish Verizon data plans or not so ridiculously expensive. Last night I called to ask for a loyalty discount plan which they offered me what's sad I would have to extend my contract for a whole nother year on both of my mind that's crazy. I am considering a switch to cricket and I am playing with one of their phones right now for the next month or so hope me the best. I understand Verizon is not bad in all situations but I feel that prepaid could in the long run be a much cheaper way to go four me for others T Mobile offers a wonderful alternative and they are fighting the overages and all of that other craziness at Verizon and AT&T are coming up with these days. That is just my own opinion and I am older than that completely satisfied with Verizon but I may switch to cricket even though I will have to sacrifice mobile hotspot and super fast LTE or slightly slower LTE which would still serve me just fine. Everyone's situation is different and go with what works the best for you not everyone is the same for example if you are someone who travels a lot and as people with you then Creek it was certainly not be a good choice because they do not have mobile hotspot capability and T Mobile maybe better and you can have unlimited data was 5 gigs of hot spots that is just my own opinion. best of luck to all out there in finding the best carrier for their situation.

In your situation, it sounds like you should move to Tmobile. They will pay your etf. You can go to cricket but they won't pay your etf.

If you stick with Verizon, the loyalty plan requires 1 year from today. So if you are under contract for around a year or more then your contract won't be extended

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On both my phones the default email app would no longer get push email from exchange server, no matter what.

Had to manually check email each time.

Trust me I argued with samsung and Verizon for 10 hours, factory defaulted the phone, let samsung control the phones via their smart tutor, did everything they asked.

Their solution, why if we factory default the phone for a third time it will fix it. At that point I told them point blank I am leaving if they don't sent me a new phone with kitkat. They basically told me in a nutshell be careful the door doesn't hit my *** on the way out.

I have 55 lines at my company up for renewal end of this year, and you can bet I am going to make unreasonable demands.

Like I said in the first post, brilliant customer retention.
I understand Verizon's point of view since you refused to do their troubleshooting (whether pointless or not).

Verizon won't hold you back if you want to leave and make what is in their eyes unreasonable demands.

Their philosophy is, we got the best network. Period. If you don't want their network, see-ya. You aren't the first person, and won't be the last.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Do you think they will try to gripe at me and refuse me if I tried to cancel? I am really thinking of going to cricket. they just have too many hidden fees and rooms and stuff like that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you think they will try to gripe at me and refuse me if I tried to cancel? I am really thinking of going to cricket. they just have too many hidden fees and rooms and stuff like that.
If you want to cancel they will let you cancel without too much trouble.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
So they can't refuse me? I am thinking of switching to cricket at the end of my contract. Is it better to just go to cricket and put the lines over? should I talk to Verizon rushed. I do not want to support a big huge company especially when driving on cricket I can get 5 times the amount of data for half the cost.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So they can't refuse me? I am thinking of switching to cricket at the end of my contract. Is it better to just go to cricket and put the lines over? should I talk to Verizon rushed. I do not want to support a big huge company especially when driving on cricket I can get 5 times the amount of data for half the cost.

How would they refuse you? People can't force you to keep paying them month to month. Only when in a contract they can either say pay us or get ready for X fee. Other than that they can't force you to keep paying every month.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon won't stop you. If you don't want to deal with Verizon, go to cricket and port your line over. This will automatically terminate the line of service with Verizon. Verizon will send you a final bill for the line including etf if applicable later

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How would they refuse you? People can't force you to keep paying them month to month. Only when in a contract they can either say pay us or get ready for X fee. Other than that they can't force you to keep paying every month.
Correct. And if you leave and don't pay, they can't stop you either. They will however blacklist the phone and send you to collections. I personally would pay them in full to avoid that situation.

jasonjm

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I understand Verizon's point of view since you refused to do their troubleshooting (whether pointless or not).

Verizon won't hold you back if you want to leave and make what is in their eyes unreasonable demands.

Their philosophy is, we got the best network. Period. If you don't want their network, see-ya. You aren't the first person, and won't be the last.

10 hours of troubleshooting not enough? like i have 20 hours in a work week to play fix my phone? that 20 hours costs me
close to $3000 of income.

please explain your logic, why if factory defaulting a phone twice didn't fix it, a third time would?

the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing, but expecting a different result...... but in this day and age, seems like insane is the new normal.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
10 hours of troubleshooting not enough? like i have 20 hours in a work week to play fix my phone? that 20 hours costs me

please explain your logic, why if factory defaulting a phone twice didn't fix it, a third time would?

the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing, but expecting a different result...... but in this day and age, seems like insane is the new normal.
I had a problem with my note 4 after the update. I called Verizon, I was on the phone for 10 mintutes and they sent me a new phone. I don't have the original issue with the new phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It is because of your unreasonable expectations. If you are willing to take a note 4 on current software then they probably would have sent it to you by then. But since you want it on old software, then that is a different story.

Also attitude will make a big difference. If you come in with a poor attitude... They will give you the same in return. Regardless of your 55 lines. Now if you had 5 million lines then that would be different.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that there is root for the Verizon note 4...unless you have the developer edition

They have a sorta temp root on kit Kat. Using king root. Still developing. Check over on xda. I have not used it yet. Hard reboot loses root.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They have a sorta temp root on kit Kat. Using king root. Still developing. Check over on xda. I have not used it yet. Hard reboot loses root.
Ah good to know. Doesn't really help the op though I don't think as he probably doesn't want to re root every time he restarts

jasonjm

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Update to this thread:

t-mobile in Los Angeles is better than verizon in every way, price, Data coverage, less dropped calls.

and my phones are rooted and work beautifully.

good riddance Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa